Menu

Life sentence for opioid death

Home The Lounge Life sentence for opioid death

• Rando Rando 
    Participant

Cases like these make oncologists hesitant on prescribing pain medicines for patients who are in dire need of them. These attorneys who are proud to send a “message” to the medical community have caused many thousands of cancer patients suffer, when their doctor refuses to write opiates out of fear of persecution.

Click to expand…

I already have had pharmacies asking why I have hospice patients on both benzos and narcotics.  I also have a hospice patient in a nursing home where the pharmacy is bugging me to put a stop date on his comfort meds.  I think this is due more to blind following of their guidelines than any concern that I’m over-prescribing, though.

#198138 Reply
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

Cases like these make oncologists hesitant on prescribing pain medicines for patients who are in dire need of them. These attorneys who are proud to send a “message” to the medical community have caused many thousands of cancer patients suffer, when their doctor refuses to write opiates out of fear of persecution.

Click to expand…

I already have had pharmacies asking why I have hospice patients on both benzos and narcotics.  I also have a hospice patient in a nursing home where the pharmacy is bugging me to put a stop date on his comfort meds.  I think this is due more to blind following of their guidelines than any concern that I’m over-prescribing, though.

Click to expand…

Probably prompts from EMR and such that need entries.

#198144 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis, Rando

Reply To: Life sentence for opioid death

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear