Menu

Jury Duty

Home The Lounge Jury Duty

• White.Beard.Doc White.Beard.Doc 
    Participant

I will happily serve on a jury when I am retired.

If parents with children at home get excused from jury duty to avoid having to hire a sitter, a surgeon with patients who have surgery scheduled should also get off jury duty, and a doctor who has no easy back up coverage should also be excused.

#212232 Reply
    Liked by hatton1
    hatton1 hatton1 
    Participant

I was excused when I was a solo OB.

#212242 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

I called all week and was excused do to there being no cases. I am free for 6 years!

Why couldn’t they have told me that in the first place to take the anxiety out if it.

If this process could be more efficient and less onerous on the individual maybe more people would be willing to comply.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#213730 Reply
    Participant

Yeah, I seem to get summoned on a regular basis. My wife never gets called. On of the advantages of practicing in a small town is that you know someone who knows someone that can get you off jury duty.

BTW, I’ve been told that usually in a civil trial the plaintiff attorney will strike a doctor or engineer since they are trained to use the scientific method of reasoning rather than the emotional way of looking at injuries.

#213993 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis

Reply To: Jury Duty

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear