Menu
This forum is no longer active. Please use the new forum at https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/forum/

Is ignorance bliss?

Home Personal Finance and Budgeting Is ignorance bliss?

• portlandia portlandia
    Participant

Ignorance is definitely bliss, until it’s not. Then it’s awful.

Many of my patients are the working poor- in their 50’s, early 60’s and too sick to continue working in a physical job, but too poor to afford to retire. So many go back to work with often devastating consequences to their health. Getting foreclosed on while going through a life changing health event is no fun. Hard pass for this tightwad.

#249898 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis, Anne
    Lordosis Lordosis
    Participant

Ignorance is definitely bliss, until it’s not. Then it’s awful.

Many of my patients are the working poor- in their 50’s, early 60’s and too sick to continue working in a physical job, but too poor to afford to retire. So many go back to work with often devastating consequences to their health. Getting foreclosed on while going through a life changing health event is no fun. Hard pass for this tightwad.

Click to expand…

This is basically my line of thinking.  It really leaves you no margin for error.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#249915 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis
    Participant

fatlittlepig is very knowledgeable when it comes to appliances and refrigerators

A quick primer on how refrigerators work, there are two sections the freezer and the fridge.

The Freezer section actually supplies cold air to the fridge section (which is regulated by a thermometer), the fridge does not produce any cold air.

Sometimes the duct between the freezer and the fridge will get frozen shut, therefore the freezer section goes nuts and frosts over, and the fridge section does not get cold air.

So if you do a total defrost, the duct which was frozen shut will melt and clear out (i believe you can actually speed this up with blow dryer), and now cold air from the freezer can get back into the fridge section, and the freezer will not frost over.

Click to expand…

The one benefit about this is that I am quickly learning about something I knew nothing about.  I have had issues with other household appliances in the past so I sort of know how to troubleshoot them.  But if your oven does not work for 2 weeks who cares.  The fridge is a real pain.

If we have to replace this thing at some point I am thinking about the duel evaporator fridges to avoid that issue.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#249917 Reply

Reply To: Is ignorance bliss?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear