Menu

Invest in company where you are employed?

Home General Investing Invest in company where you are employed?

• CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant

I can’t speak intelligently on Radiology Partners but if they’re anything like the CMGs involved with EM (Team Health, Envision, etc.) they should be giving you the stock for free because they’re already giving the physicians a hefty haircut.

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#244979 Reply
    xraygoggles xraygoggles 
    Participant

I can’t speak intelligently on Radiology Partners but if they’re anything like the CMGs involved with EM (Team Health, Envision, etc.) they should be giving you the stock for free because they’re already giving the physicians a hefty haircut.

Click to expand…

I’d rather not say which of the companies I’m with, but I don’t disagree with the underlying premise that the rads are underpaid per wRVU.

On the other hand, if you are competent and efficient, these are extremely lucrative jobs, with much higher salaries than small private practices.

“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.”

#244997 Reply

On the other hand, if you are competent and efficient, these are extremely lucrative jobs, with much higher salaries than small private practices.

Click to expand…

That’s quite a generalization. Perhaps it’s true for the coasts. I’m not aware of any data. But anecdotally in my region, small private practice rads are doing very well.

The Finance Buff's solo 401k contribution spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/6cZKVA

#245000 Reply
    Liked by CordMcNally
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant

Click to expand…

I’m glad it’s worked out for you but don’t be fooled…if a private practice had the contract then you’d be keeping more of the money.

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#245001 Reply
    xraygoggles xraygoggles 
    Participant

Click to expand…

That’s quite a generalization. Perhaps it’s true for the coasts. I’m not aware of any data. But anecdotally in my region, small private practice rads are doing very well.

Click to expand…

Yeah, I was referring to my state. I don’t doubt there are many practices in smaller and rural cities in less desirable areas which are making 1M+ for the rads.  I’m content making high six figures, and, more importantly, I’ll be able to reach my financial goals living and working where I want. Which is what matters in the end.

“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.”

#245008 Reply
    Participant

How is telerads lucrative when your per rvu rate is literally 1/2 – 1/3 of what you’d get in PP. I guess if you want to read like a billion studies a day but lucrative is the last thing I’ve ever heard about them. Less hassle? Sure

#245010 Reply

Reply To: Invest in company where you are employed?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear