Menu
This forum is no longer active. Please use the new forum at https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/forum/

Introduce Yourself!

Home General/Welcome Introduce Yourself!

Participant

13 years out from EM residency.  Close to FIRE but will likely keep working some shifts indefinitely.  In midst of starting hobby business or three as well.  Lived like a resident for years before finding this site-glad to know others share that mentality/advice-but am now in a position where I can enjoy expensive scotch and other vices.

#11109 Reply
    Participant

Hi all, I’m Brett. I’m a radiologist working nights for the foreseeable future. I’m a DIYer and actively try to teach my colleagues the virtues of the Bogleheads and WCI, sometimes successfully, many times not.

#11110 Reply
    ReFinDoc ReFinDoc
    Participant

Newly semi-retired Doc. Interested in tax strategy, asset protection, behavioral finance. Boglehead for 10 years. Read a lot. Give personal financial presentations to Med. students where I give out Jim’s book as a prize.

#11117 Reply
    Liked by Jenn
    Participant

Hi, I’m a viticulturist……imagining your confusion with my specialty. I’m a believer in simplicity, automation, low costs and consistency (have a plan). I’ve learned about solo-401k employER contributions having separate limits from W-2 401k – thanks, WCI. I’ve enjoyed the comment threads, too. Looking forward to conversations here.

Click to expand…

Awesome. I grew up in Napa Valley and have 6 gallons of Shiraz bulk aging in my basement.

#11120 Reply
    Participant

retired dentist   successfully invested by reading bogle, malkiel, Bernstein, swedroe, etc

any 5th grader can be a DIY investor

#11122 Reply
    Participant

Good day all, I’m Rock!  A recent early retiree (56 y/o) from Anesthesia.  Interested in all things financial, travel, art, educating myself and others.

#11127 Reply
    Participant

Emergency medicine doc, 3 years out.  Compound interest nut for years.  Considered a career in finance for several years while in undergrad, settled for just trying to learn as much as I could and getting a job I like that provided good income.  Lucky enough to have married a very frugal physician who thinks my goal of saving 50% (only 25% at the moment) of gross income towards increasing net worth isn’t crazy (she just needs to finish her 7th year of training, EM/IM/Tox takes awhile).

Get outside of your bubble.

#11138 Reply
    SaintClive SaintClive
    Participant

M3 looking into EM, so one of the young guns on the board.  Hoping to do my personal finances and investing right the first time, and hopefully share the message with my peers!

"The less ego you have, the more influence you have as a conductor ... you can concentrate on the only things that really matter: the music and the people who are playing it." - Sir Colin Davis

#11152 Reply
    Participant

Hi, I’m a spouse of a soon to be FM resident. I’ve been a SAHM but hoping to find a job soon to help tackle the debt. I’ve always been a budget person but anything beyond that has been a mystery. Looking forward to the forum and the insight from many people.

#11159 Reply
    Participant

I’m Jeff. PGY-2 Derm resident married to midlevel PA. Relatively new to the investing/financial world but soaking up as much information as I can.

#11160 Reply
    Participant

Hi, My name is Umashankkar Kannan. I am resident in surgery. Just finished the WCI book. beginner in personal finance. Interested in learning more on this.

#11161 Reply
    Participant

Ophthalmologist 10 years post fellowship.  Private practice.  Big Dave Ramsey fan until debt (med school, practice) was paid off, now follow WCI/Bogleheads.  Passive investor at the moment in Vanguard/DFA funds and always looking to learn more.

#11163 Reply
    Participant

Hey you guys. I’m an anesthesiology fellow in the Midwest. I’ll be joining a private practice group in 6 months, and my first order of business will be to try to switch the 401k plan to something that actually offers a mutual fund with less than a 1% expense ratio! Been reading WCI for a couple years now and it saved me from getting screwed by a “financial advisor” for the next 30 years.

#11166 Reply
    Participant

Gas_Doc,  As a recent early retiree “Gas Doc”,  I would step lightly on your attempt to change the retirement plan provided by your new group.  This can be a very emotional topic for some shareholders within a group practice.  As a well established member of my previous group, I took on our old retirement program.  It was a MAJOR battle with multiple shareholders and each of their respective representatives.  It was war ….. attacks from all sides!  In the end, I won …… actually all members of the group won.  It took months and hundreds of volunteer hours.  It was worth it in the end.  There is NO doubt that the changes made will result in millions of $$$$$ (more) in the pockets of the group as a whole.  Even for those who are uninformed and those who fought the process.  Step softly!

#11171 Reply
    Liked by MochaDoc
    Participant

Nice…Gallons? Is this a DIY wine that you’ve got in a carboy?

This was meant for Ian…not sure why it showed up here.

#11185 Reply

Reply To: Introduce Yourself!

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear