Menu
This forum is no longer active. Please use the new forum at https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/forum/

Introduce Yourself!

Home General/Welcome Introduce Yourself!

• The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor
    Keymaster

As soon as I send out some emails in the next few days, people are going to come pouring in the door to this forum. Unfortunately, a lot of us don’t know each other well. Introduce yourself either in this thread, or start your own. You don’t have to specifically identify yourself (a little anonymity is sometimes nice to have on a forum) but knowing a little about where you’re at in life helps build the community.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#10739 Reply
    Virajith Wijeweera Virajith Wijeweera

Hello my name is Virajith.  A financial advisor with FPL Capital Management, a Fee-Only RIA.

Virajith Wijeweera
    FPL Capital Management
    [email protected]
    http://www.FPLCapital.com
    800-835-1969

#10844 Reply
    Participant

My Name is Ian Lord. I am a writer for Study.com and married to an OB/GYN intern HPSP grad. I also self manage a rental house.

#10845 Reply
    Participant

I’m a Biglaw attorney. Mid-level in NYC.

#10864 Reply
    dragonfruit dragonfruit
    Participant

I am the spouse of an IM resident.  We met as undergrads way before he took his first biology class.  If people ask if I married his wealth, I answer that I married his debt.  I love the medical adventure and figuring out the right financial decisions.

#10872 Reply
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I am in orthopedic surgery, now in my fellowship.  The WCI site has truly been a life changing resource. I’m stoked for the forum! Any ortho attendings or residents out there?

#10877 Reply
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

pediatrician in los angeles, fresh out of residency.

#10878 Reply

Traveled the world to find a place where we can make a difference.  Finally paid off student loans last year and just starting to feel like we know what we are doing. But all credit to WCI.

Have you done any good in the world today?

#10882 Reply
    Liked by Joseph
    15hrsaday 15hrsaday
    Participant

Mid-career ob/gyn in a small town in Georgia. Introduced to WCI in 2012 and the site has been my guide for most every financial decision since. The forum should be a great addition.

#10892 Reply
    Participant

Orthodontist 4 year in a group practice.

Also – you have to go into your profile and hit edit to change to display your username and not real name…I just don’t want Google to find me and when patients search my name it comes up with all my money questions!

#10894 Reply
    Liked by Jenn, catdr
    DrNick DrNick
    Participant

I’m a general dentist.  My wife is in the last 6 months of a pediatric dentistry residency.  We’re both in our early 30s and were getting screwed on an IUL policy before I started reading WCI.

#10901 Reply
    Liked by Jenn
    NavigoDoc NavigoDoc
    Participant

Hey all I’m Chase an OBGYN resident who is about to start his Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship this summer.

Although medicine and residency is more then a full time job. I followed White Coat’s lead and started my own entrepreneural adventure as a fee only investment advisor.

I’m excited for this forum to help my clients (and self) get great service at great value.

Chase Cawyer, MD, MBA
    Physician and Financial Adviser

#10936 Reply
    Participant

Hello, I am a retired ER doc. Longtime Boglehead, veteran of multiple prior investment strategies (dogs of the dow, stock picking, performance chasing, etc).

#10938 Reply
    Liked by mkintx
    Participant

Greetings all!  I’m Dave and I’m about 6 years out of ID fellowship.  After almost a decade in the military I recently made the transition to the civilian sector. Now am a Hospital employed in southern Ohio.

I really value this site and Jim’s book. Both are always on my list of recommended resources to junior staff, residents and medical students.

#10971 Reply
    Participant

I’m Brian, an anesthesia resident. Came out of med school with a ton of debt, but married a wife who makes a lot more than I do and is generous enough to make aggressive payments on my loan. WCI helped me refinance from government interest rate to 2.3% with DRB.

#10981 Reply

Reply To: Introduce Yourself!

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear