Menu

HR Block software Backdoor Roth issue

Home General/Welcome HR Block software Backdoor Roth issue

Participant

Running into an issue where the HR block software is saying that I made $11000 in contributions to my traditional IRA on form 8606. I imported the info directly from my Vanguard and entered manually with same thing happening. I have no idea where they are getting the extra $5500 from. I did the same with my wife’s and no issue with hers – the correct amount shows up. Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong or how to change it?

#188326 Reply
    Dreamgiver Dreamgiver 
    Participant

Did you contribute to both 2017 and 2018 IRAs during 2018? That is one way the software will do that.

#188392 Reply
    Jarpee Jarpee 
    Participant

I had the same issue, make sure in the deductions section you answered all the IRA questions correctly. As a side note, I returned the HR block software because I couldn’t justify the money for the product. I actually prefer freetaxusa’s software to HR block anyway.

Here is a link that helped me with the HR block software.

#188406 Reply
    nachos31 nachos31 

Did you contribute to both 2017 and 2018 IRAs during 2018? That is one way the software will do that.

Click to expand…

You are probably filling it out in such a way that it is believing that this is what you did, which is what you may have done… Perhaps delete out that section and start it over to see if you arrive at the same outcome.

#188411 Reply
    Participant

Only contributed to 2018 last year. I’ll have to play around a bit more. Thanks for the link, that should be helpful.

#189341 Reply

Reply To: HR Block software Backdoor Roth issue

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear