Menu

How much house?

Home Mortgages and Home Buying How much house?

• fatlittlepig fatlittlepig 
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

My furniture is still a hodgepodge of crap from family and Craigslist. I am 4 years out of training and the only matching sets I have is our bedroom and very recently a living room.
    If you are the type of person who cannot make do with what you have it can get very expensive to furnish a house.

Click to expand…

you can get good furniture from craigslist. i know many doctors would snicker at that, but scattered through fatlittlepig’s lair are couches, tables, desks all from craigslist (also piano)

#234805 Reply
    Participant

Thanks for the advice. For more context, I am in OMFS, and our family all lives in the area so we know it well and have a good sense of the real estate market. It is a buyers market at the moment.

I think the income targets I’ve described are conservative for an oral surgeon in such a HCOL area, where the fees are high and the overhead is not much greater than the rest of the country. The opportunity involves a buy-out so taking the job would essentially lock us in for a while.

This is all months down the road, so we haven’t ruled out renting for a time, but we have kids and would prefer not to move

#234850 Reply
    Liked by wa2106, Lordosis

Reply To: How much house?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear