Menu

How much does the tooth fairy give your kids per tooth?

Home The Lounge How much does the tooth fairy give your kids per tooth?

• childay childay 
    Participant
    So now I have a jar of teeth in my underwear drawer.

Click to expand…

Are you saying you have a creepy tooth jar in your current dresser

What did you do with the bodies?

#226618 Reply
    childay childay 
    Participant

I was thinking probably $1 gold coin as well mine should be needing sometime soon

#226620 Reply
    Participant

There’s a positive correlation: those on state assistance usually get 10-20$/tooth.

Those not, usually 1,2 or 5 dollars.

#226633 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

Assuming my kids are not as much of a jerk as I was I also plan on the dollar coins.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#226662 Reply
    Participant

Has your experienced backed up that those on state assistance get 10-20/tooth? Never ever heard of anything close to that.

#226676 Reply
    Participant

funny story…first time my husband went in the kid room to leave a dollar under the pillow….in the dark he mistakenly pulled out a $20 of his wallet and left it instead of the dollar…kid comes running into the kitchen waving the $20 when he got up…..so that was the end of the tooth fairly after that…..

#226689 Reply
    Participant

D7140 simple extraction = $196

I can’t remember the code for using a bottle rocket and some floss.

#227636 Reply
    Liked by jfoxcpacfp, Lordosis, G
    Participant

My kid hasn’t lost a tooth yet but she did paint an acorn white and put it under her pillow. We gave her a couple baby carrots for it.

Get outside of your bubble.

#227644 Reply
    Participant

Daughter just turned 10. Still believes in Santa and the Tooth fairy. Google says these false beliefs should be gone by age 8. If I straight up tell her(which I’m inclined to do. I did it with the birds and bees as middle aged son wailed in despair in the background), I’ll be in my wife’s doghouse. Suggestions?

#241980 Reply
    Participant
    I’ll be in my wife’s doghouse

Click to expand…

you’ll be in my doghouse too.

barring danger (jumping off of the roof to try out superman cape), I’m in no rush to end the magical thinking.

#241984 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis
    Participant

It is so funny listening to children talk about Santa, tooth fairy, Easter bunny, etc.  My kids were all talking with friends about how the Easter bunny makes no sense and they don’t believe, but they rationalize Santa.  My youngest was questioning if Santa made sense last year to me, but I didn’t say anything as mom would have killed me.  I suspect my oldest knows but is just playing the game.  I am hoping that they accept that Santa doesn’t exist this year……we will see.

#241991 Reply
    Participant

It is so funny listening to children talk about Santa, tooth fairy, Easter bunny, etc.  My kids were all talking with friends about how the Easter bunny makes no sense and they don’t believe, but they rationalize Santa.  My youngest was questioning if Santa made sense last year to me, but I didn’t say anything as mom would have killed me.  I suspect my oldest knows but is just playing the game.  I am hoping that they accept that Santa doesn’t exist this year……we will see.

Click to expand…

How old are they? I’m talking about a 10 year old. Does the age make any difference in the permissiveness of of this childhood belief? Oh, btw, if you as Siri if Santa is real, without a beat she answers, “Of course he does.”

#241998 Reply
    Participant

They’ll figure it out. I wouldn’t be the parent to end it all.

#242000 Reply
    Participant

I remember a group of us in 6th grade bursting the bubble of one of our classmates who still believed in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, AND the Easter bunny. She didn’t believe us and then she cried. I still feel a little guilty about it, but it was time…we were all 12-13

#242011 Reply
    Participant

I remember a group of us in 6th grade bursting the bubble of one of our classmates who still believed in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, AND the Easter bunny. She didn’t believe us and then she cried. I still feel a little guilty about it, but it was time…we were all 12-13

Click to expand…

Do you think that believing in Santa for those 2 extra years is worth a public crying episode like that? Not an end of the world experience. Maybe it’d be worth not telling her so she could experience this embarrassing moment. Good learning experience I suppose.

#242026 Reply

Reply To: How much does the tooth fairy give your kids per tooth?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear