Menu

How much does the tooth fairy give your kids per tooth?

Home The Lounge How much does the tooth fairy give your kids per tooth?

Participant

My kid gets a buck. She had 2 teeth pulled last time, and got a buck for both teeth. Good deal for the tooth fairy. Was the tooth fairy being cheap or was the tooth fairy helping my daughter build a little character with some life learning disappointment?

#226348 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

$1 if they remove their loose tooth like my brother and I did – tie floss to tooth, other end to door knob, sibling slams door.

#226349 Reply
    Liked by trebizond, Tim
    Participant

$5/tooth at my house.  That seems to be the low end of the little ingrates at school.

Perhaps your tooth fairy was cash-poor due to some wing maintenance or wand insurance premium being due.

#226350 Reply
    Participant

I think I got a quarter. After inflation, your kids still get twice as much as I did.

#226351 Reply
    Liked by CM
    Participant

Looks like we went way overboard. Our little one got $20 for the first and $10 for the second and none after that. Tooth fairy would have gone bankrupt at that rate.

#226357 Reply
    Liked by Tim
    Participant

My kids are also at $1 per tooth. I think the first tooth was $2 for each kid.

Just don’t fall into the trap of providing a personalized letter from the tooth fairy (there are templates online) for your kids when they lose teeth. Against my advice, my wife did this and is now stuck doing it for every single loose tooth. This requires her to fetch the tooth and the note the kid(s) write(s) to the tooth fairy, turn on the computer, write the letter and answer the questions, print it off, then place the letter and the money back under the pillow. Terrible idea that seemed cute at first but then spiraled out of control.

#226358 Reply
    q-school q-school 
    Participant

$1.  Loft beds are especially challenging for tooth fairy.  Be wary of law of unintended consequences.

#226403 Reply
    Rogue Dad, M.D. Rogue Dad, M.D. 
    Participant

My oldest gets nothing, which is what he deserves!

Edit: I should reference this for this not familiar.

http://www.RogueDadMD.com

An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, and family

#226410 Reply
    Participant

Ours get $1. But my wife got a roll of golden $1 coins from the bank. So the kids think they are really cool.

#226425 Reply
    Liked by SLC OB, Lordosis
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

I haven’t gotten to that point yet with our kids. When I was a kid we got a quarter a tooth. Funny and rather odd story about my child self; I quickly figured out the tooth fairy thing, maybe third lost tooth, and I got pissed at my parents for lying to me. I didn’t tell them when I lost the next tooth and no fairy came! After a week I called them out on it and demanded my teeth back. Well I never got those first teeth back but I decided to keep the rest out of spite. So now I have a jar of teeth in my underwear drawer. Still debating what to do with it. I guess I could count it as part of my e fund.

I was a strange child…

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#226430 Reply
    wonka31 wonka31 
    Participant

My oldest gets nothing, which is what he deserves!

Click to expand…

And (s)he will like it!!!

#226437 Reply
    wonka31 wonka31 
    Participant

My buddy and his wife gave $20 for the first one and I think a few bucks/tooth after that to their kids. I think anywhere from $1-$5 per tooth seems reasonable.

I remember I used to get a $5 or a pack of baseball cards when I lost for one. That was $9.38/tooth if you adjust for inflation, so you guys/gals are cheap.

RogueDad-I can’t even look at you right now. Nothing??? That’ll cost you 10x over with the therapy your kids will need after this atrocity you cheapskate. : )

#226438 Reply
    CM CM 
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

I think I got a quarter. After inflation, your kids still get twice as much as I did.

Click to expand…

It was a quarter for me, too. 🙂

Erstwhile Dance Theatre of Dayton performer cum bellhop. Carried bags for Cyd Charisse (gracious). Hosted epic company parties after Friday night rehearsals.

#226439 Reply
    Participant

$1, in gold coins.  Echo’s wife and I think alike.

Fight tooth fairy inflation.

Career and finance for PCPs at ADoctorsWorth.com

#226610 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod, jfoxcpacfp
    Participant

Guess I take the approach that the kid needs to have money to learn money lessons.

“Is that book worth a tooth” is still the same lesson as “is that book worth every single one of your primary teeth” but it takes a little longer to get there….

Yes, losing teeth is certainly not the same as earning….

#226612 Reply

Reply To: How much does the tooth fairy give your kids per tooth?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear