Menu

Here you go guys – The Jordan Goodman Saga

Home General/Welcome Here you go guys – The Jordan Goodman Saga

• The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

I felt like participating in this would help to make amends for one of the bigger mistakes I’ve made with WCI. If you listen to the podcast, you know about this already.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#195060 Reply
    Liked by childay
    Participant
    #195071 Reply
    FunkDoc83 FunkDoc83 
    Participant

OMG, this guy betrayed the trust of so many people.  How unfortunate for those folks that lost significant amounts of money.  Will he be facing jail time for this?

#195102 Reply
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

OMG, this guy betrayed the trust of so many people.  How unfortunate for those folks that lost significant amounts of money.  Will he be facing jail time for this?

Click to expand…

No. He settled for millions without admitting fault.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#195141 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

Can you not just give ProAssurance their sponsorship $$ back? This literally turns my stomach. Leaving a “whole” in your podcast series seems, to me, a small price to pay. Couldn’t you just fill it with something else?

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

#195173 Reply
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

Can you not just give ProAssurance their sponsorship $$ back? This literally turns my stomach. Leaving a “whole” in your podcast series seems, to me, a small price to pay. Couldn’t you just fill it with something else?

Click to expand…

I think it’s fine with the warning up front and the 20 minute discussion at the end. Good lessons to learn there. I plan to leave it.

#195178 Reply
    Participant

I agree that leaving it with a disclaimer is a good idea.  It is a good reminder that although there will be many roads to Dublin, there are no free rides.  Also wanted to thank you for being completely transparent in your conflicts of interest, especially with the recent DLP investment articles across the WCI network.

#195357 Reply
    White.Beard.Doc White.Beard.Doc 
    Participant

This is a very important reminder.

I commit every day to act within my personal ethical principals, to protect my good reputation for myself and with others.  If I lose my good reputation, I have nothing.

#195368 Reply
    Participant

I felt like participating in this would help to make amends for one of the bigger mistakes I’ve made with WCI. If you listen to the podcast, you know about this already.

Click to expand…

I wouldn’t worry about it Jim.  It happened, it’s done, and no harm done as far as anyone has expressed.

This phrase is one of many things I like to live by:  “Don’t look back because we aren’t going there again”.

#195387 Reply
    White.Beard.Doc White.Beard.Doc 
    Participant

What’s done is done.  S#’t happens.

WCI, you have a good reputation based on tons of positive contributions to so many.  I would simply move on and recommit to being ethical and careful going forward.

#195456 Reply
    Participant

Thanks for leaving the podcast up and the addendum. Mr. Goodman’s advice was questionable, and generated a lot of interesting and lively discussion in various groups. Good reminder for us to always do due diligence and be aware of compensation arrangements in affiliate relationships.

#221666 Reply

Reply To: Here you go guys – The Jordan Goodman Saga

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear