Menu

Has Cityvest/DLP returned your calls?

Home Real Estate Investing Has Cityvest/DLP returned your calls?

• The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

i got K1 as well via email. I think you can reach out to Cityvest and request K1.

Question on K1. Since there is a paper loss on K1, this does not reduce your tax liability this year right? I just carries over the loss to next year which may offset with next year gains?

Click to expand…

That’s the way paper losses work for high earners that aren’t real estate professionals. One of my real estate investments listed a 36% loss on the K-1! It may be a decade before I pay any taxes on income from that. Not sure how they managed to get it so large, but there it is.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#205416 Reply
    Participant
    I’m not expecting a 2018 K-1 for CityVest

Click to expand…

To the contrary, it does sound like at least some people have gotten K-1s.  FWIW, I was told to expect it…a week ago.  Managing expectations is part of the deal, right?

Yeah, filing for an extension is easy.  Filing an amended return is also easy but costs money (I use an accountant).

Or CityVest could do a better job…particularly to folks who have had to take the initiative to reach out.

#205445 Reply
    Participant

Now the CityVest site is being redirected to another company “Crowd Engine.”  Shady, when that happens without any explanation.  Also, based on the substantial “technology fee” associated with CityVest deals the dashboard, ACH, quarterly info and as timely as possible K-1s don’t seem like too much to ask.  WCI is human and can be scammed just like everyone else.  Might be time to let the enthusiasm for CityVest “languish” until it can be deployed at a time when they have their act together?

#218929 Reply
    Participant

I don’t see that the site redirects.  Are you sure about that, looks like a completely different company?

But I actually was just thinking I still haven’t heard jack from them.  I put down on my calendar to give them one more quarter before I start asking around.

Has anybody heard a peep?  I’ve only invested in the pathfinder fund … maybe Pathfinder is the flake, but I think I’ll stick to boring stuff locally.

Anybody in the DLP fund find there is actually any communication from CityVest?

#219022 Reply
    Participant

Perhaps it is a contractor working on a new dashboard but whenever I click on my saved link  https://investors.cityvest.com/en/users/dashboard        I get crowd engine?

#219205 Reply
    Participant

I spoke with Alan this week and he assured me that the distributions at the end of June for DLP investors will be made known to them one way or another.  IT “construction” keeps getting delayed .

#219815 Reply
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

I spoke with Alan this week and he assured me that the distributions at the end of June for DLP investors will be made known to them one way or another.  IT “construction” keeps getting delayed .

Click to expand…

Did he happen to mention Pathfinder distributions from Q4 2018?

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#219924 Reply
    Participant

Click to expand…

Did he happen to mention Pathfinder distributions from Q4 2018?

Click to expand…

or 19Q1 OR 19Q2…

😉

#219991 Reply

Reply To: Has Cityvest/DLP returned your calls?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear