Menu

Fatlittlepig takes on the Peloton

Home The Lounge Fatlittlepig takes on the Peloton

Participant

Nah too expensive for fatlittlepig. maybe i’ll lobby my local gym to get one.

Click to expand…

fatlittlepig- age 41, net worth is currently 6-6.5 including paid off house, no debt.

dual income physician household making about 550 / yearly

after years of browsing bogleheads.org, and more recently this forum, I have come to realize that this level of net worth is rare or very uncommon amongst physicians in my age range.

there surely are many dual physician income households, why would this be rare? we are frugal but not overly so in my opinion. Steady stock market investing.

why aren’t there more fatlittlepigs.

-Fatlittlepig

lol

Claiming $2000 exercise equipment is too expensive for a NW pushing upper 7 digits is just as ridiculous as the other $6M NW guy hand wringing over a $1000 grill (while slipping in his “used civic” frugal cred). Spend on what you want, but are these threads meant to be humblebrags followed by encouraged self-denial?

#242454 Reply
    Participant

Click to expand…

fatlittlepig- age 41, net worth is currently 6-6.5 including paid off house, no debt.

after years of browsing bogleheads.org, and more recently this forum, I have come to realize that this level of net worth is rare or very uncommon amongst physicians in my age range.

there surely are many dual physician income households, why would this be rare? we are frugal but not overly so in my opinion. Steady stock market investing.

-Fatlittlepig

lol

Claiming $2000 exercise equipment is too expensive for a NW pushing upper 7 digits is just as ridiculous as the other $6M NW guy hand wringing over a $1000 grill (while slipping in his “used civic” frugal cred). Spend on what you want, but are these threads meant to be humblebrags followed by encouraged self-denial?

Click to expand…

Glad I am not the only one who thought the grill question was odd. Thought I was surely missing something.

#243726 Reply
    Liked by Tim, Vagabond MD
    Participant

Click to expand…

-Fatlittlepig

lol

Click to expand…

I for one appreciate the “Millionaire Next Door” mindset and the reminder that affordability is a matter of personal priority, and that just because you CAN buy it doesn’t mean you SHOULD.

We have a solid 7 figure net worth and an AGI in the top 2%, and we find that a Netflix subscription is too expensive for us. So is cable TV. So is setting the central heat above 63 degrees during the winter. “Too expensive” is 100% subjective. That doesn’t mean we don’t indulge. Between vacations, wine, and bicycles, we have our luxuries. We just don’t have ALL the luxuries. And that’s okay. You get to decide for yourself where the balance point is between spending now and having financial independence later. Taking responsibility for making your own choice is part of being an adult. Even if the choice is not to encumber yourself with an expensive doo-dad that you know very well that you don’t actually need. 😉

#243997 Reply

Reply To: Fatlittlepig takes on the Peloton

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear