Menu

Fatlittlepig takes on the Peloton

Home The Lounge Fatlittlepig takes on the Peloton

• fatlittlepig fatlittlepig 
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

The resort fatlittlepig is staying at right now has a couple of Peloton bikes in the gym. I’ve been trying it out. It’s actually a lot of fun, is it worth $2000 with 30 bucks (or whatever) monthly subscription?? I guess if you use it regularly it very well may be. The class leaderboard is very motivating.

#241156 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD

I’m sure multiple here have one. Make sure to use their referral code.
    I still have no idea why anyone would use bicycling the most efficient form of transport as exercise

#241163 Reply
    Participant

I have nothing useful to add but this Twitter feed is pretty hilarious.

https://mobile.twitter.com/clueheywood/status/1089699762331217920?lang=en

Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

I still have no idea why anyone would use bicycling the most efficient form of transport as exercise

Click to expand…

Well its very fun in and of itself and if that makes you do more of it then its better for you…but, you are correct. One of the worst parts about getting fit cycling is just how long it takes. In a pinch, run. Rowing seems to crush you, have tried that lately, very efficient and simple.

#241170 Reply
    fatlittlepig fatlittlepig 
    Participant

Click to expand…

Well its very fun in and of itself and if that makes you do more of it then its better for you…but, you are correct. One of the worst parts about getting fit cycling is just how long it takes. In a pinch, run. Rowing seems to crush you, have tried that lately, very efficient and simple.

Click to expand…

Depends. I do a lot of running and nearing the end of 10K training cycle, but the peloton ride gave me a very good workout. Your body adapts to the exercise that you do.

#241172 Reply
    Participant

For the $30 your entire family can use the bike and app. My husband does the running program on the tread at the gym or outside and my kid uses the yoga.
    I love my bike.

#241173 Reply
    Liked by SLC OB
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

Click to expand…

Click to expand…

Depends. I do a lot of running and nearing the end of 10K training cycle, but the peloton ride gave me a very good workout. Your body adapts to the exercise that you do.

Click to expand…

Very true. When I rode all the time it was weird when I did other activities. If I ran or hiked, I’d be super CV fit but my muscles would be wrecked the next day from the eccentric work they werent used to. Gets worse as you age too.

#241174 Reply
    Liked by Tim
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant

Click to expand…

I was hoping somebody would post this. It’s amazing.

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#241175 Reply
    Participant

I run the stairs in the hospital about twice a week. Also hit the “free” gym associated with my townhouse/condo. It has lots of dumb bells and several treadmills as well as a nice pull up bar. I pay for this gym in the HOA so I’m glad I like it.

Gym membership ,in my opinion, is a good use of money. Exercise probably pays for itself, in terms of health and happiness but I feel like I am doing OK with what I got without paying for a fancy bicycle.

#241177 Reply
    Participant

Click to expand…

good one!

I have a $20 yard sale spin bike that works great!  But I also have a treadmill that cost $2000, so I get it….

very motivating

Click to expand…

The monthly fee sounds a bit ridiculous but whatever it takes.

#241193 Reply
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

Last fall into the winter, I was a regular at Cycle Bar. I went once or twice per week, and it cost $15-20 per session, depending on how you purchased it. It is more expensive than Peleton, on a per ride basis, assuming you continue to use it.

I was running outside at the time, but only three days per week. Now, I am back to five days per week running but might go back to spinning again this winter.

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#241202 Reply
    Liked by hatton1, Zaphod
    Participant

I have not looked into it but I think you can sign up for the Peleton classes for an iPad and use your own bike and it is less expensive, like $10/month and if you already have a bike on a trainer, you are set!

#241206 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

I thought cycle bars were those bars that travel around touristy cities and are powered by the customers peddling.

https://images.app.goo.gl/QiQ3DyvMy3TUhVxc9

I thought indoor gyms were only for us folk who live in areas with crappy weather. What’s the point of paying that sunshine tax if you spend your time driving to another place to go inside?

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#241207 Reply
    Participant

Lordosis, you gotta run the numbers on sunscreen cost and derm fees.

#241209 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis
    fatlittlepig fatlittlepig 
    Participant

I thought cycle bars were those bars that travel around touristy cities and are powered by the customers peddling.

https://images.app.goo.gl/QiQ3DyvMy3TUhVxc9

I thought indoor gyms were only for us folk who live in areas with crappy weather. What’s the point of paying that sunshine tax if you spend your time driving to another place to go inside?

Click to expand…

U got a good point. I like the gym for the weights and the elliptical. I also run outside. I’m way too cheap to get a peloton although I think it’s a good machine. I think if it were 500-700 without a monthly fee it would be tempting.

#241211 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis

Reply To: Fatlittlepig takes on the Peloton

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear