Menu

Evanson asset management

Home General Investing Evanson asset management

Participant

Anyone heard of them? My group uses them and we have the option of using them for a fee, or else we can manage finances ourselves. I’m currently invested in mostly index funds. Was wondering if it’s worth just joining the pooled fund. Thanks!

#229560 Reply
    Participant

without knowing anything about it, hearing about it, or even googling it: prob not.

#229564 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis, G, childay
    Participant

Not a lot to go on there. I found this on their website.
    “Typical fees run from $625 per quarter or $2,500 per year to $2,000 per quarter or $8,000 .”
    Do you need them?

#229565 Reply
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant

If you’re comfortable taking care of your own finances and investments then anything more than free probably isn’t worth it (with the exception of some estate planning).

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#229568 Reply
    Participant

There were some references to them on this forum. IIRC they are one of the good ones but my memory could have been foggy.

#229639 Reply
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

Yes, a good firm. I don’t think they’ve ever paid me to advertise with me, but I’d take their money which is more than I can say about 95% of financial advisors.

Similar advisors that I and your fellow white coat investors have actually vetted can be found on my recommended list:

https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/financial-advisors/

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#229654 Reply
    Liked by jfoxcpacfp

Reply To: Evanson asset management

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear