Menu

Estate planning/trust/will

Home Estate Planning Estate planning/trust/will

• Faithful Steward Faithful Steward 
    Participant
    Setting up plans for business succession for the companies I started is separate and not covered by the $3500 fee.  I’m not quite ready to tackle that yet.  I need to further acknowledge my mortality before taking that next step.

Click to expand…

For the same reason (I hope) that you didn’t wait to purchase life insurance, you should consider expediting your creation of a succession plan/buy-sell agreement. Without it, you could be leaving your family with a real mess to deal with, one where they will undoubtedly receive less than fair-vale for the companies.

Michael Peterson, CFP® | Faithful Steward Wealth Advisors
    https://ProsperousPhysician.com | (717) 496-0900

#64979 Reply
    Liked by Craigy
    Hank Hank 

American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) membership usually is a good sign.

“Free” steak dinner seminars and advertising on daytime television usually is a bad sign. Avoid trust mills targeting senior citizens.

#65014 Reply
    Participant

Thanks, I think shopping around is the key here. Just don’t have time which then turns into.. so I should pay money and outsource.

#65084 Reply
    Participant
    There are plenty of attorneys out there who will write you and your wife a $500 will.

Click to expand…

It’s for myself and my husband 🙂

#65085 Reply
    Liked by Craigy
    Participant

There are plenty of attorneys out there who will write you and your wife a $500 will.

Click to expand…

It’s funny how it’s assumed the guy’s the one doing the financial stuff… In my house, my husband could not care less about money. Since I am managing our funds so well, it’s like “hey, you do it!”

#65086 Reply
    Liked by Craigy
    Craigy Craigy 
    Participant

Click to expand…

It’s funny how it’s assumed the guy’s the one doing the financial stuff… In my house, my husband could not care less about money. Since I am managing our funds so well, it’s like “hey, you do it!”

Click to expand…

IMO if you’re married to a doctor, you’re a doctor’s wife.   😆 And then of course everybody knows that men become doctors, women become nurses.    😉

Here on WCI there are a lot female physicians with a strong interest in finance.  I wish I could get my wife to read more articles on here but she thinks the same way your husband does.  Which I suppose is fine if you and I continue to do a good job managing the money.  🙂

Sincerely,

Craig, proud doctor’s wife.

LEVEL 1 WCI FORUM MEMBER.

#65092 Reply

Reply To: Estate planning/trust/will

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear