Menu
This forum is no longer active. Please use the new forum at https://www.whitecoatinvestor.com/forum/

Emotional Support Animals

Home The Lounge Emotional Support Animals

Participant
    #236183 Reply
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant

It’s not safe. This needs to stop. Why does our society cater to the craziest among us?

Click to expand…

I agree. Unfortunately, they deem people like this marginalized and it’s looked down upon to incorporate common sense even though it will make a very small minority of the population upset.

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”
    ― Benjamin Graham, The Intelligent Investor

#236188 Reply
    Participant

People with personality disorders making silly demands deserve to be marginalized. Common sense should be respected again.

I’m really not a fan of litigious solutions but anyone who authorized an emotional support pit bull that led to the mauling of a small child needs to be roasted in a court of law.

#236192 Reply
    Participant

Ya I don’t really understand, so these people who acknowledge that they don’t need it but still ask, so they’re just casually asking you to commit fraud?

If I was a PCP I’d tell them off, fire them from practice, do whatever I could.

#236196 Reply
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant

People with personality disorders making silly demands deserve to be marginalized. Common sense should be respected again.

I’m really not a fan of litigious solutions but anyone who authorized an emotional support pit bull that led to the mauling of a small child needs to be roasted in a court of law.

Click to expand…

I’m hardly disagreeing. We’re in total agreement. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

“But investing isn’t about beating others at their game. It’s about controlling yourself at your own game.”

#236212 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis, Ghetto
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

Today it was a middle aged man who wants a letter because he would like to get a dog and he heard that if he gets a letter from an MD they cannot ask him questions and cannot charge him to take the dog on the train.

No attempt to even pretend there was an emotional need.  Does not even have a pet currently.  Purely trying to game the system.

And I told him so.  Politely of course 🙂

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#238829 Reply
    CordMcNally CordMcNally 
    Participant
    Today it was a middle aged man who wants a letter because he would like to get a dog and he heard that if he gets a letter from an MD they cannot ask him questions and cannot charge him to take the dog on the train. No attempt to even pretend there was an emotional need. Does not even have a pet currently. Purely trying to game the system. And I told him so. Politely of course

Click to expand…

I’ve got to respect the openness instead of pretending.

#238831 Reply
    Participant

How do people think this is appropriate? It would be like asking a lawyer to forge a document or for your accountant to fudge your numbers. They’re literally asking their professional to commit fraud

#238838 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant
    I’ve got to respect the openness instead of pretending.

Click to expand…

True and he did back down as soon as I said it was inappropriate.

How do people think this is appropriate? It would be like asking a lawyer to forge a document or for your accountant to fudge your numbers. They’re literally asking their professional to commit fraud

Click to expand…

The gall of some people.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#238840 Reply
    legobikes legobikes 
    Participant

What y’all really railing against is the natural consequences of [philosophical] liberalism.

#238900 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

What y’all really railing against is the natural consequences of [philosophical] liberalism.

Click to expand…

Keep that up and this thread goes to the endangered species thread list 😉.

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP: I am not your financial advisor; any responses are for general purposes only
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

#238950 Reply

Reply To: Emotional Support Animals

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear