Menu

Electric Vehicle Index ETF

Home General Investing Electric Vehicle Index ETF

• Arkad Arkad 
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

Has anyone looked into some of the EV Index ETFs that invest in companies that are part of the supply chain? Thinking about a small investment in one.

#244983 Reply

No.

Completely unnecessary. I own them already.

#244993 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD, Tim
    Vagabond MD Vagabond MD 
    Participant

No one loves his/her EV more than I do, but I have no interest in an ETF that invests in them. How would it be constructed? Who devises the “index”?

"Wealth is the slave of the wise man and the master of the fool.” -Seneca the Younger

#245006 Reply
    Liked by Peds, StarTrekDoc
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

This is going to be a manufacturing and commodity index in the end. Ofc there could be some good growth due to increased EVs and a small base but in the end its the same issue. Just like the stocks of the car makers themselves, car making is just a tough business, and suppliers are then subject to the makers.

#245015 Reply
    Liked by Craigy
    Participant

DRIV has tech and auto makers in it. Focuses of EV/Autonomous driving. Other than that, earth metal miners and more battery tech would be another area of focus.

#245016 Reply

Reply To: Electric Vehicle Index ETF

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear