Menu

Eero

Home General/Welcome Eero

• q-school q-school 
    Participant

for someone not very technical, is this the best solution to mesh network?

i know it’s not the cheapest but it seems easy to install and has good reviews.  They seem to focus on updating reasonably well.

life is too short for bad WiFi!

#222340 Reply
    Liked by hatton1
    Lithium Lithium 
    Participant

Had it for the last year and has pretty much resolved all the connectivity problems.  I’d give it a thumbs up.

#222346 Reply
    ACN ACN 

Similar to Google but more expensive. For a simple network with not many users or Netflix streamers it will do an OK job.

If you are not tech savvy, definitely an easy installation, but you get what you pay for. My single router costs 2-3x these mesh networks ($500), but it’s throughput is exponentially better. Each of my mesh network extenders is $200. So about $1k for the house.

If you're ever having a bad day, just remember in 1976 Ronald Wayne sold his 10% stake in Apple for $2,300.

#222350 Reply
    Participant

Same question. About to pull the trigger on Eero versus Google Wi-Fi. Any other thoughts?

We are still living in the stone age with an AT&T modem/router so most of our house is a dead spot. I’m guessing either one of these would be a huge upgrade.

#222360 Reply
    Participant

We made the jump to something above the standard router.  I still don’t understand any of this junk, but the Eero really has resolved all issues with our network.  5/5 stars from an unsophisticated user.

#222365 Reply
    #222386 Reply
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant

we have google wifi, pretty easy to set up basically just plug and play.

we have 4 access points for about 3000 sq feet and the house is basically blanketed with fast wifi.

i think eero is pretty similar, it’s definitely money well spent esp if your internet company tries to give you one of those stupid extenders where the front of your house is a different network than the back, solves that problem completely.

i considered this money incredibly well spent. the points are designed nicely as well to where it wouldn’t be the end of the world if you had to have one sitting on a mantle or something like that.

#222389 Reply
    Liked by justlearning
    Participant

I have google wifi.  Works great.

#222408 Reply
    hatton1 hatton1 
    Participant

I am technically illiterate.  I was able to install a router with one extender and it works fine.  Had looked at the EERO but I was able to use my existing stuff when I recently moved.

#222418 Reply
    Liked by Tim
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

We have the Orbi.  House + guesthouse.  I have no idea about any of this stuff, my husband chose it and set it up.  Only thing I know is our wifi sucked and then some boxes came in the mail, my husband got to work and all of a sudden the wifi worked great.

#222426 Reply
    q-school q-school 
    Participant

Alright i purchased the Eero 3 pro system for my doctor mansion.

will report back on whether the technically challenged can in fact install this thing.

thanks!

#222442 Reply
    birddog birddog 
    Participant

We have Google Wifi and it works great.  If one buys through Costco, you get 4 access points for the same price most places charge for 3.  Wish Costco was selling them when I had bought them.  The Google wifi system completely solved all my connectivity and dead spot issues in my home. Very easy to set up.

https://www.costco.com/Google-Wifi-4-Pack—Whole-Home-Mesh-Wifi-System.product.100406436.html

#222446 Reply
    Liked by Peds
    Participant

Have had Eero for about a year. Very happy with it. Idiot proof setup and works like a charm. Iam not a techie so easy set up was an important requirement for me

#222447 Reply
    Liked by Peds
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

Alright i purchased the Eero 3 pro system for my doctor mansion.

will report back on whether the technically challenged can in fact install this thing.

thanks!

Click to expand…

Inquiring (technically challenged) minds want to know. Is this one of those thingies that works only in metropolitan areas (of which we are the opposite)? Be sure to report back – I’m ready to buy after learning my AT&T modem/router is of stone age vintage

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP: I am not your financial advisor; any responses are for general purposes only
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

#222684 Reply
    Liked by Michael Scarn
    childay childay 
    Participant

Big fan of our Eero. Definitely not just for urban areas. Like most wifi works better in rural. Prior to Eero had periodic frustrating connection issues, having to reboot frequently etc. Now have coverage through the house no problem. Only have to reboot if the modem/satellite internet goes out

#222715 Reply

Reply To: Eero

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear