Menu

Does anyone else follow…

Home The Lounge Does anyone else follow…

• Drop it into MD Drop it into MD 
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

I just read though;

Stock Series

I have been trying to branch out lately.  Just like in politics if you consistently listen to others with the same point of vie you stop learning.  Any other recommendations?

#188061 Reply
    portlandia portlandia 
    Participant

I have read this stock series and thought it well done, relatively concise and easy to understand. It is a great tool for beginners, especially those that feel overwhelmed. JL Collins hammers home the point that investing doesn’t have to be complex to be successful.

#188064 Reply

never read it.

#188073 Reply
    Participant

Yes. I think jlcollins is great….no BS. He also has some gray hairs / life experience that a lot of fire bloggers lack

#188217 Reply
    Participant

Yes read it!!!!  It is more organized in his book the simple path to wealth, which is also a must read.  No other book I have read has given me the appropriate mental outlook/psychology to be a long term investor.  It is an entertaining quick read

#188229 Reply
    Drop it into MD Drop it into MD 
    Participant

I was thinking about making it my next financial book.  I do agree that he has been around the block which does give some more power to his words.  As you allude too many bloggers to not have the experience themselves but are well versed in the history.  Something to be said for someone who lived and invested though it.

I particularly like that he is somewhat optimistic about the market going forward.  Everyone else is so doom and gloom these days.

#188262 Reply
    Participant

next recommendation: intelligent investor by Benjamin Graham.  oldie but goodie.

#188289 Reply

Reply To: Does anyone else follow…

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear