Menu

Doctors lounge update

Home The Lounge Doctors lounge update

Participant

Our hospital is looking to redo the physician lounge and I get to give some input as to what we might want to see there. Right now it has a few workstations, coffee, and a cooler with pop, yogurt, some other snacks. There is a TV with some couches and tables with chairs. It works, but isn’t the nicest place to hang out. Any nice amenities people have at their physician lounges or ideas that make the place a place docs actually want to go to?

#188378 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

Click bait alert.

I was really looking forward to some juicy gossip about your lounge.

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~ 270-247-0555
    https://fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only/

#188379 Reply
    Participant

Back when I was an RN our nurses lounge had a massage chair.  Worth it!

#188386 Reply
    Liked by Tim
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

Lots of computers. Lockers for storing personal items(jacket, laptop, etc)? Fresh food like sandwiches or etc. Do the basics well instead of trying to get extravagant and fail at that. clean call rooms.

#188391 Reply
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant

Our lounge has cold fizzy water and it is probably the most popular thing my hospital does for docs aside from the 50% uni tuition benefit.

#188394 Reply
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

Bet the dentists love your staff.

#188399 Reply
    Liked by Vagabond MD
    ACN ACN 

Our lounge is “Separated” into two rooms. On one side we have lounge chairs/couches with a TV.  The middle section has the electronic OR boards will all the cases scrolling through and a large TV with all the OR cameras (so you can see how turnovers are going, when anesthesia has the spinal in, ect.).  This middle section has multiple computers, printers and phones.

The other side of the lounge we have large fridge fully stocked with drinks, sandwiches, yogurts.  A large starbucks cofffee machine maker, selection of toast/bread, cereals, chips, etc.  At lunch, there is warm food brought in.

Only thing I would change is more computers and ask for free hot breakfast also. =D

We have a locker room right across the lounge with lockers for our personal belongings and to change into scrubs.

If you're ever having a bad day, just remember in 1976 Ronald Wayne sold his 10% stake in Apple for $2,300.

#188420 Reply
    Liked by Tim
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

How about remove the administrators from the lounge? I go up there looking for food only to see a long line of administrators and nurses in there eating the food. Hard to have any sort of even halfway “doctor only” conversation in there like that.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#188422 Reply
    Participant
    ow about remove the administrators from the lounge?

Click to expand…

ouch… hope you don’t feel that way with your CMO!

Phone charging station is nice… as when I am on call, i start to run low.

We have good cold food for off hours (we get free food in cafe, which is nice, best salad bar in town!) like wraps, sandwiches, hard boiled eggs, cheese, yogurts, soda, water, coffee maker, plus dry foods (like cereals, chips, PB&J stuff, etc.

We also have a bike with desk attachment  which is great to use even if for 10-15 minutes between cases and speaker system to hook up to your phone, along with a big TV, computers, area to dictate, etc. all attached to our locker rooms that have lockers for personal stuff and to change into scrubs.

https://flexispot.com/desk-bikes/under-desk-bikes-v9u?gclid=Cj0KCQiAheXiBRD-ARIsAODSpWM8p5G6SI6XczqqhzyqQnf7AozSMtC0gjCFt6Stry6-Xx90j05be6caAqZxEALw_wcB

Nice recliners are great to also take a cat nap in… when you are doing late night cases.

#188468 Reply

good coffee, water, and yeah no one from C suite allowed

The Finance Buff's solo 401k contribution spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/6cZKVA

#188470 Reply
    Liked by Peds, Tim
    ACN ACN 

wrong thread.

If you're ever having a bad day, just remember in 1976 Ronald Wayne sold his 10% stake in Apple for $2,300.

#188481 Reply
    Participant

Huh?

#188492 Reply
    Drop it into MD Drop it into MD 
    Participant

Good coffee and a clean bathroom.

#188506 Reply
    Participant

Ha, it looks like multiple people have beat me to my suggestion:  A big sign that says “Bureaucrats by invitation only.”

#188571 Reply
    Liked by jfoxcpacfp
    childay childay 
    Participant

Free beer?

#188600 Reply

Reply To: Doctors lounge update

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear