Menu

Do you guys cheap out on tires?

Home General/Welcome Do you guys cheap out on tires?

• Craigy Craigy 
    Participant

If you have a Porsche or M3 or AMG you really don’t have an option of “cheap” tires. The cheapest of those tires will cost way more than an high end Accord tire.

Click to expand…

You can usually find a Kumho, Dunlop, etc. on the cheap for most sportscars.

LEVEL 1 WCI FORUM MEMBER.

#228716 Reply
    Liked by Tim
    Participant

I buy my tires based on wet stopping distance. Better tires stop shorter. Dry conditions are friendly to most tires. I don’t have much snow, not enough for snow tires.

Get outside of your bubble.

#228731 Reply
    Participant

We buy based on all year (sun, snow, etc etc) needs. It snows here, so we need them.

We also buy based on mileage rating, meaning, how many miles are they good for. Factory seems to be 20-30k, and a boring good tire is nearly 100k. That’s much more my style, than trying to be a super soft, grippy, performance oriented tire which simply has as shorter life.

I have been known, however, to buy fancy racing tires for a bicycle or 2. You can tell a difference. But given I drive a boring car, I’d rather have a tire that lasts, and can deal with rain, snow, sun, etc.

#228903 Reply

Reply To: Do you guys cheap out on tires?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear