Menu

Disability insurance.

Home General Investing Disability insurance.

Participant

Looking to purchase disability insurance. I know I do not want any occupation designation. Taking WCI fire your financial advisor course I remember Dr Dahle mention want an “own occupation ” designation. The insurance salesman with principal financial(who is contracted with my employer) wrote policy as a Regular occupation stating that is even better for consumer than own occupation. Can anyone clarify?

#231318 Reply
    Participant

Whats your occupation?

#231323 Reply
    Participant

CRNA

#231334 Reply
    sarcolema56pay@gmai [email protected] 
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

I would clarify this . I would not take any chances. I would speak to the administrator of the practice or better yet, speak to the disability insurance rep and get explicit information. I purchased own occupation LTD disability insurance only after grilling the representative over the phone. Hope it all works out!

#231832 Reply
    Scott at MD Financial Services Scott at MD Financial Services 
    Participant
    Status: Website Sponsor, Insurance Agent, Small Business Owner

With Principal their Regular Occupation rider (HH757) is what you want, what they call own occupation is an own occupation not engaged definition. Just so you know the rep is not ‘contract’ to the employer the rep just works with a number of the employees there but you can work with any rep to get the same deal but it does sound like they took you in the right direction. Just make sure you shop other carriers as the best deal from one carrier may not be the best deal for you.

S. Scott Nelson-Archer, CLU, ChFC with M. D. Financial Services, Inc.
    Direct Phone 713-966-3932, Email [email protected]

#232530 Reply

Reply To: Disability insurance.

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear