Menu

Death of Stretch IRA?

Home Estate Planning Death of Stretch IRA?

Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

I’ve heard a lot of press recently about possibly the death of the stretch IRA. How has this impacted your investing/distribution/allocation approach?

#25842 Reply
    Participant

Wake me up when something actually changes!  😉

Same goes for the backdoor IRA, Mega Backdoor IRA, HSA, 401k, PSLF changes, and a million other ‘what ifs’.

#25845 Reply
    Participant

Only thing it has done for me is to remind me to have my parents check to make sure they actually filled out the beneficiary forms on their IRAs (which they hadn’t) 🙂

Seriously though, if it does pass, and odds are very high it will (previously passed house, has Obama/Clinton support, and only lost by 1 vote to Senate filibuster from Dems), it will make me rethink my Roth conversion plans in early retirement.  Not sure if it will make me do more or less Roth conversions, but will certainly change the math dramatically depending on kids incomes.  Might also force me to one day seriously look into other estate planning methods such as 2nd to die life insurance.  Those decisions are still a LONG ways off though.

#25870 Reply

Reply To: Death of Stretch IRA?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear