Menu

Crixus and fatlittlepig

Home The Lounge Crixus and fatlittlepig

• wideopenspaces wideopenspaces 
    Participant

Couldn’t wci find out if they were posting from the same IP address ( or whatever the technical thing is that identifies your computer)?

#157629 Reply
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant

Couldn’t wci find out if they were posting from the same IP address ( or whatever the technical thing is that identifies your computer)?

Click to expand…

something tells me that Crix Cheese has both a home computer and one is his/her bunker.

#157631 Reply
    Lithium Lithium 
    Participant

I remember WCI said once that Crixus and Cheeze were posting from different states.  Still they are obviously the same.  I don’t see what the point of making an alias is while continuing to post in such a distinctive style.  I don’t think I could mimic it that well even if I tried.  My hypothesis is s/he was snowbirding or traveling somewhere and forgot the password of the original account.

#157637 Reply
    Liked by RocDoc, hatton1
    wideopenspaces wideopenspaces 
    Participant

Haha true

#157639 Reply
    Participant

Pretty sure a VPN could make it look like different states. Not sure why someone would go to those lengths to troll but could be done

#157640 Reply
    Participant

I want to see a crixus vs fatlittlepig showdown

#157652 Reply
    Liked by RocDoc
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

One disappears and one reappears???

Click to expand…

Very unlikely based on IP address.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#157655 Reply
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

I remember WCI said once that Crixus and Cheeze were posting from different states.  Still they are obviously the same.  I don’t see what the point of making an alias is while continuing to post in such a distinctive style.  I don’t think I could mimic it that well even if I tried.  My hypothesis is s/he was snowbirding or traveling somewhere and forgot the password of the original account.

Click to expand…

I think you guys need to get around on the internet a bit more. There are LOTS of people with the same wacky ideas. I mean Zerohedge is a rather popular site.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#157656 Reply
    Liked by RocDoc
    PhysicianOnFIRE PhysicianOnFIRE 
    I love the fatlittlepig posts though.  He’s the Ric Flair of the messageboard.

Click to expand…

On a semi-related note, Ric’s daughter Megan went to college with friends of mine. Used to see her at house parties, but never heard her unleash her Dad’s signature “Wooooo!” It is played over the loudspeakers after every Golden Gophers first down at TCF Bank Stadium, though. We’re that bad; we get excited over first downs.

40-something anesthesiologist and personal finance blogger @ https://physicianonfire.com [Part of the WCI Network] Find me on Twitter: @physicianonfire

FIRE. Financial Independence. Retire Early.

#157661 Reply
    Liked by RocDoc, Seabass
    Lithium Lithium 
    Participant

Click to expand…

I think you guys need to get around on the internet a bit more. There are LOTS of people with the same wacky ideas. I mean Zerohedge is a rather popular site.

Click to expand…

I am aware of ZH based on the mountain of links to it I get in emails from my Dad.  It isn’t the content, it’s the style.  Chicken Little tone, circumlocution, dodging questions, meme pictures galore, links embedded in walls of text.  If Donald Trump put on a pair of Groucho Marx glasses and then gave his usual bombastic speech, he’s not going to fool the audience into thinking it’s a different person.

#157666 Reply
    Participant

In my head, “Crixus” is pronounced “Crisis”, and FLP sounds just like Gollum.

Career and finance for PCPs at ADoctorsWorth.com

#157668 Reply
    wonka31 wonka31 
    Participant

Weird, FLP sounds like Pat Mahomes in my mind.

#157684 Reply
    fatlittlepig fatlittlepig 
    Participant

Fatlittlepig is a lover not a fighter. And a lowly hospitalist albeit a wealthy one at that.

#157685 Reply

smile on my face thinking about you making rounds, seeing patients, talking to nurses, all the while referring to yourself in the third person

The Finance Buff's solo 401k contribution spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/6cZKVA

Participant

Crixus and Toe Cheeze are the same person with a slight persona change at various seasons. When Toe Cheeze came on Crixus went into hibernation and when the Crixus grizzly woke up in spring Toe Cheeze melted away.

fatlittlepig is a different character. Wealthy, who wonders why others don’t save like him and become equally wealthy.

#157719 Reply

Reply To: Crixus and fatlittlepig

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear