Menu

Cost savings- is it every cheaper to have two cars?

Home The Lounge Cost savings- is it every cheaper to have two cars?

Participant

I feel your pain- we live somewhere where we really need a high-clearance vehicle and bought economical cars instead, and we really have missed out on a lot of great backpacking etc.

I would keep your current truck and throw in a few upgrades unless you really are miserable with it. It sounds like it does most of what you need it to do; it’s just not fancy.  A short commute isn’t worth it for a second car- maybe for a really nice bike, though and four miles it the perfect bike commute:) Then you will have another toy and a more fun commute.

#232182 Reply
    Participant

I am also team rent, or maybe team “borrow from a friend.”  Or wait for Rivian 🙂

#232559 Reply
    Participant

Yeah really only makes sense if you’re in a situation where you’d have to Uber or something everyday twice a day instead (Which it doesn’t sound like is the case).  Get down to one vehicle and just knocking down those insurance payments feels great.

#232565 Reply

Reply To: Cost savings- is it every cheaper to have two cars?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear