Menu

Considering signing out AMA after wife delivers – am I crazy??

Home Personal Finance and Budgeting Considering signing out AMA after wife delivers – am I crazy??

•  snowcanyon 
    Participant

Sounds like OP works in kind of a toxic environment. We don’t sign people out AMA for refusing observation for delayed brain bleeds. We just have a chat with the patient and document. Likewise, if baby and mom were doing well, our OBs would be happy to discuss early discharge if it were medically appropriate. They would just arrange follow up and call to check up on the patient, and encourage the patient to return for any issues.

I’m sorry OP works in such a seemingly confrontational environment. It just wouldn’t play out this way at my hospital.

#179349 Reply
    Liked by q-school
     RollieStrummer 
    Participant

Sounds like the OP has decided to stay, which is the right decision IMHO.

I’m curious about signing out a newborn AMA, though.  Can that be done if the medical staff deems it inappropriate?  When my last child was born, she had an RFID bracelet which would set off an alarm if she was taken out of a defined area.  I think there was some mechanism to prevent it from being defeated by simply being cut off as well.  I think this is pretty standard procedure at most big hospitals these days.  The last thing I want to do is to set off a “Code Stork” alarm while running out of L&D with my 3 hour old infant in one arm and waving my AMA form with the other.

#179593 Reply

Reply To: Considering signing out AMA after wife delivers – am I crazy??

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear