Menu

Best snowboarding resort in February? SLC?

Home The Lounge Best snowboarding resort in February? SLC?

• The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

Although Solitude might be a zoo this year with the Ikon Pass…

Click to expand…

Where are they going to park? Exactly. You can fill every spot in the lot and down the road for a half mile and not have lift lines. There aren’t enough buses going up that canyon to make lines at Solitude.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#171974 Reply
    ACN ACN 
    Doing Tahoe in January. 

Click to expand…

Yay! Getting some good snow… about 6 inches last night.

More due next week… my boy was out today, while I was in meetings. 🙁  Said snow was pretty good.

Life of a 14 year old in Tahoe… pretty sweet. He was at Squaw and said almost all the mountain is open (again info from a 14 year old boy, so not positive!)

Where will you ski?

Click to expand…

Heavenly Mountain.  Staying at Timber Lodge.

If you're ever having a bad day, just remember in 1976 Ronald Wayne sold his 10% stake in Apple for $2,300.

#172112 Reply
     adventure 
    Participant

Although Solitude might be a zoo this year with the Ikon Pass…

Click to expand…

Where are they going to park? Exactly. You can fill every spot in the lot and down the road for a half mile and not have lift lines. There aren’t enough buses going up that canyon to make lines at Solitude.

Click to expand…

Mmmm. Thanks. We’ll plan accordingly.

#172154 Reply
     Eye3md 
    Participant
    WCICon18

Not sure if you’ve considered Canadian resorts or not but I’ll add my suggestion……Banff, Alberta.  Especially in February, the costs of local hotels will be much lower.  Plus, the US dollar is still doing well against the Canadian dollar so your money goes further. Banff has a great free transport system that comes around to most of the hotels in town to take you to the ski resort of your choice…..there are three close by. Two of the them are HUGE (Sunshine Village and Lake Louise) and both have an abundance of blue and green runs. Banff is an awesome town with a ton of great places to eat. It’s really no more difficult to get to Calgary/Banff than it is to get to a lot of US Western resorts

#172327 Reply
    Liked by snowcanyon
     SLC OB 
    Participant
    Heavenly Mountain.  Staying at Timber Lodge.

Click to expand…

Bummer… no connection for you down on the South Shore… Next time, head to the North side, would offer you a beer and intel on the best places to be!

#172680 Reply
    Liked by ACN
     PreCancerDoctor 
    Participant

Should I be worried about altitude sickness?

We live 10 feet above sea level, and the slopes around SCL seem to be at 10,000 feet.

#172812 Reply
     RocketBooster 
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

Telluride is amazing in the winter… highly recommend it (from a fellow snowboarder). Fantastic blue and black trails to hit, gorgeous town to vacation in, and great local dining.

https://www.tellurideskiresort.com/

Altitude sickness: Take some Diamox with you, it’ll fix you right up.

#172915 Reply
    Liked by snowcanyon
    The White Coat Investor The White Coat Investor 
    Keymaster

Should I be worried about altitude sickness?

We live 10 feet above sea level, and the slopes around SCL seem to be at 10,000 feet.

Click to expand…

You’re probably fine in SLC. But Colorado resorts could be an issue. The base of Park City is only 7000 and the base of the Cottonwood resorts is only 8000. You probably won’t need Diamox.

Site/Forum Owner, Emergency Physician, Blogger, and author of The White Coat Investor: A Doctor's Guide to Personal Finance and Investing
    Helping Those Who Wear The White Coat Get A "Fair Shake" on Wall Street since 2011

#172938 Reply
     climbhigh 
    Participant

I’m currently living in South Lake Tahoe, and both Heavenly and Kirkwood have been awesome. Can’t speak for the other resorts, but can’t go wrong with either of those two.

#174103 Reply

Reply To: Best snowboarding resort in February? SLC?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear