Menu

Best Choice for a 529 Plan for an Arkansas Resident?

Home General Investing Best Choice for a 529 Plan for an Arkansas Resident?

• ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant

You might be right:

https://personal.vanguard.com/pdf/529progdesc.pdf

The program description that I saw was for their UPromise 529, which I believe is different.

0.15% ERs for total stock market fund. Pretty solid.

#230275 Reply
    Participant

Nevada actually offers a few different institutions for their 529s. Vanguard is one. You just sign up directly through vanguard so I don’t know how they’d charge extra fees. I use vanguard myself. I find the convenience of their age based funds worth the small cost of not having to manage three more portfolios.

#230310 Reply
    Participant

Thanks for posting the link to that document.

It seems like the way to get the biggest deduction would be to contribute 15k to another states plan with subsequent rollover into the Arkansas 529?

#230318 Reply
    Participant

https://personal.vanguard.com/pdf/529progdesc.pdf

Page 2 and 3, program fees (versus fund ER) make up most of the ‘cost’ and range from 12 to 19 bps from taking a quick look.

#230597 Reply
    childay childay 
    Participant

Thanks for posting the link to that document.

It seems like the way to get the biggest deduction would be to contribute 15k to another states plan with subsequent rollover into the Arkansas 529?

Click to expand…

Interesting.  Strange they would have a higher deduction for a rollover?  I wonder how much difficulty would be involved

#230685 Reply
    Participant

Another thought…I wonder if you could take both a 10k deduction for a direct contribution and a 15k deduction for a rollover in the same year(25k total deduction).  The document does not say it is either one or the other…

#232075 Reply

Reply To: Best Choice for a 529 Plan for an Arkansas Resident?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear