Menu

Appropriate Gift for Doc

Home The Lounge Appropriate Gift for Doc

Participant

Kid named after you? What earned you that honor??

Gifts in psychiatry are tricky. I most appreciate a note of thanks. That means so much to me. I’ve also gotten artwork by my patients that is really cool. And a couple plants. I’m glad I haven’t been put in the position of accepting gift cards or things with much monetary value. I’d stick with a note of appreciation and something edible- I think the chocolate is a good idea.

#197216 Reply
    ACPC ACPC 
    Participant
    I’ve also gotten artwork by my patients that is really cool.

Click to expand…

Artwork is super cool. Doesn’t have to be professional, it’s just giving something that is ‘you’. Otherwise, a box of chocolates and a handwritten card as others have noted. When the clinic staff is happy because of a shared box of chocolates, the surgeon’s day is just better (they get to be a good guy/girl because of what you’ve given them).

#197223 Reply
    Participant

I’ve given a heartfelt note and food/snack that can be shared with staff.

#197227 Reply
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

Food does go over well.

Though friday I did receive a great basket filled with 10 bags of pistachios and 6 almonds and 2 bottles of wine…there will be no sharing with staff.

#197254 Reply
    Liked by Hank, SLC OB
    Participant

As a patient: for the guys that have seen me through insurance: a hand-written card.  For the the guys that refused to take my co-pay: the card plus wine or scotch in the $75-125 range.  I’ll second Dreamgiver’s suggestion, the Balvenie 15 Yr Single Barrel Sherry Cask for $120 is the best value around.

As a doctor: I have received cards, rarely food, a couple old guys have tried to tip me, several old ladies have tried to arrange dates.  Ultimately, as an ER guy, I’m just happy if it isn’t a pipebomb.

#197257 Reply
    Participant

I can’t see followups on this thread.  Apparently it is not just threads with “WCICON” in the title that get flukey.

#197258 Reply

Reply To: Appropriate Gift for Doc

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear