Menu

Anyone take cold showers?

Home The Lounge Anyone take cold showers?

Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus
    I wouldn’t visit my garden as much either, certainly not during the dark night time. Cold shower and rustling little critters amp up sympathetic system.

Click to expand…

Wait till you find a snake coiling around your ankle in the dark and you would have the parasympathetic system and adrenergic system also amping up at the same time.

#243986 Reply
    Participant
    It somewhat inspired me to try cold showers. Not just cool showers, but truly cold water showers – the kind that hurt and make you hyperventilate.

Click to expand…

Even looking that those Russians who jump in with just their bathing shorts in a hole cut in the ice in Moscow river when the weather is -30F outside makes me hyperventilate.

Maybe you can be a candidate for it, after steeling yourself with a healthy shot of vodka.

#243989 Reply
    Liked by Zaphod
    Participant

Whats the max amount of money one could possibly save in this area? That would be my first way to evaluate this idea. Its probably not even noticeable overall. There are other ways to save water.

The only time I take a shower with cold is after a run when I have clinic/OR shortly after and Im trying to cool down fast. Still tough.

Alternatively, you could tell yourself that this is something you enjoy and spend intentionally on, for the low sum of whatever increase over cold showers only is.

Click to expand…

It’s not the money, it’s the mode of living. I use a dishpan to carry out my kitchen greywater also. Probably saves me pennies at the most, but it forces me to visit my garden 5-6 times a day.

Click to expand…

I must have misinterpreted the frugal part to mean monetary.

If how you want to live involves cold showers then you need no further reasoning.

You have to keep me from the garden, or well pots and mini greenhouse I’ve been downsized to.

Click to expand…

Well, if cold showers cost me money, I wouldn’t do it cause I’m cheap. If it weren’t for the greywater, I wouldn’t visit my garden as much either, certainly not during the dark night time. Cold shower and rustling little critters amp up sympathetic system. I’ve never taking stimulants, but endogenous release might be somewhere on that spectrum.

Click to expand…

Wouldn’t it be more economical to just bathe in the kitchen greywater?  Perhaps you could dump it over your head while standing in the garden.  Sounds like a win-win-win to me.  I’m sure any dish soap that has found its way into the kitchen water will be more than adequate as shampoo.

Click to expand…

That sounds gross to me. But traces of soap and dishwater effluents are fine for the soil biome. I don’t mind if people laugh at me at my expense. It’s been happening all my life, probably for good reason.

#243990 Reply
    StrabismusBusiness StrabismusBusiness 
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

For several years, my wife has suggested for me to go take a cold shower. Only now I realize that she was just being frugal.

#244426 Reply
    Liked by Dreamgiver

Reply To: Anyone take cold showers?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear