Menu

Anyone take cold showers?

Home The Lounge Anyone take cold showers?

Participant

For the frugalists here you use less water, less gas, and it may upregulate cold shock proteins.

#243541 Reply
    Participant

NO way! If I were to be frugal, I’d cut the water off on my teenagers who take very very long showers!

#243552 Reply
    Hank Hank 

Yeah, soap goes away better / more fully with warm to hot water.

Do these cold shower proponents not use soap and shampoo? If not, then they will be both miserable and stinky.

#243559 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis
    ENT Doc ENT Doc 
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

What an awful way to start the day.

#243565 Reply
    Liked by Brains428, Zaphod, Peds
    Participant

No because I’m not a psychopath

#243568 Reply
    Lordosis Lordosis 
    Participant

Only at the gym after a workout in the summer.

“Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.”

#243569 Reply
    FunkDoc83 FunkDoc83 
    Participant

Jim needs to add a thumbs down button just for this post!  LOL

#243570 Reply
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

Whats the max amount of money one could possibly save in this area? That would be my first way to evaluate this idea. Its probably not even noticeable overall. There are other ways to save water.

The only time I take a shower with cold is after a run when I have clinic/OR shortly after and Im trying to cool down fast. Still tough.

Alternatively, you could tell yourself that this is something you enjoy and spend intentionally on, for the low sum of whatever increase over cold showers only is.

#243573 Reply
    Liked by Lordosis
    Participant

It makes you feel better IMO. The research about autophagy and etc seems inconclusive but it’s pretty exhilarating and calming at same time

#243577 Reply
    q-school q-school 
    Participant

not to save money but for hormesis.

#243578 Reply
    Participant

Whats the max amount of money one could possibly save in this area? That would be my first way to evaluate this idea. Its probably not even noticeable overall. There are other ways to save water.

The only time I take a shower with cold is after a run when I have clinic/OR shortly after and Im trying to cool down fast. Still tough.

Alternatively, you could tell yourself that this is something you enjoy and spend intentionally on, for the low sum of whatever increase over cold showers only is.

Click to expand…

It’s not the money, it’s the mode of living. I use a dishpan to carry out my kitchen greywater also. Probably saves me pennies at the most, but it forces me to visit my garden 5-6 times a day.

#243624 Reply
    Participant

not to save money but for hormesis.

Click to expand…

You can kill two birds with one stone.

#243625 Reply
    Dreamgiver Dreamgiver 
    Participant

I tried to move the thermostats on the water heaters down to the ECO setting and the next morning I received a nasty text from my better half. So big fat no here. I have been looking into getting rid of the 2 60 gallon tanks in exchange for one big tankless but the big upfront cost makes the savings negligible unfortunately, even long term, not to mention that even 1 repair would put you into negative territory.

#243632 Reply
    Zaphod Zaphod 
    Participant

Click to expand…

It’s not the money, it’s the mode of living. I use a dishpan to carry out my kitchen greywater also. Probably saves me pennies at the most, but it forces me to visit my garden 5-6 times a day.

Click to expand…

I must have misinterpreted the frugal part to mean monetary.

If how you want to live involves cold showers then you need no further reasoning.

You have to keep me from the garden, or well pots and mini greenhouse I’ve been downsized to.

#243633 Reply
    legobikes legobikes 
    Participant

Cold showers build character.

And I don’t like building character, so I don’t take them.

I have been slowly cutting down on how hot my shower is. I’m at lukewarm now.

#243635 Reply
    Liked by octopus85

Reply To: Anyone take cold showers?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear