Menu

Anybody from Nashville?

Home Practice Management Anybody from Nashville?

• stracciatella stracciatella 
    Participant

Hi!

FM doc here, 35yo, 2 years out of residency. We live in FL, but my husband just got a new job near Nashville, TN and we will be moving in a few months, so I’m looking for a new job.

Wanted to see if anyone on the forum is familiar with any groups or practices or knows anyone looking for a FM physician. I’m open to hospitalist positions, clinic, urgent care, locums, etc. Currently I do full-time primary care & urgent care, but I’m flexible.

#238513 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 
    Status: Financial Advisor, Accountant, Small Business Owner

Yes, there are several on the forum who live in and around Nashville. Where specifically is your hubs’ new job (if you don’t mind sharing?) You also might be interested in the Nashville meet up thread. We’re still working on a count for dinner out the weekend of Dec 14.

Johanna Fox Turner, CPA, CFP, Fox Wealth Mgmt & Fox CPAs ~
    http://www.fox-cpas.com/for-doctors-only ~ [email protected]

#238520 Reply
    Participant
    We live in FL, but my husband just got a new job near Nashville, TN and we will be moving in a few months,

Click to expand…

moving on up!

sorry dont have info though.

#238537 Reply
    stracciatella stracciatella 
    Participant

He’ll be working at Ramsey Solutions!

#238834 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 

He’ll be working at Ramsey Solutions! Sounds familiar?

Click to expand…

As in The Dave Ramsey?

#238852 Reply
    SerrateAndDominate SerrateAndDominate 
    Participant

He’ll be working at Ramsey Solutions! Sounds familiar? 😉

Click to expand…

Really hope that’s a joke

Earn everything.

#238886 Reply
    Liked by MPMD
    Participant

Yes!

#238892 Reply
    Participant

Click to expand…

Click to expand…

Why?

#238895 Reply
    jfoxcpacfp jfoxcpacfp 

Click to expand…

Click to expand…

Why?

Click to expand…

Dave Ramsey is both loved and hated on this site, depending on what he says; please don’t take it personally. As you can imagine, he is a very strong personality with specific POVs and that doesn’t always come across well to a group of strong personalities, especially since all are not in agreement with some of the specific POVs he expresses. He has come down pretty hard against med school students taking out student loans (if I recall correctly, even reasonable amounts) and that has definitely rubbed some the wrong way as he doesn’t seem to have much understanding of how they system typically works for doctors.

I hope your hubs finds it a great place to work, though!

#238899 Reply
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

Click to expand…

Click to expand…

Why?

Click to expand…

Dave Ramsey is both loved and hated on this site, depending on what he says; please don’t take it personally. As you can imagine, he is a very strong personality with specific POVs and that doesn’t always come across well to a group of strong personalities, especially since all are not in agreement with some of the specific POVs he expresses. He has come down pretty hard against med school students taking out student loans (if I recall correctly, even reasonable amounts) and that has definitely rubbed some the wrong way as he doesn’t seem to have much understanding of how they system typically works for doctors.

I hope your hubs finds it a great place to work, though!

Click to expand…

I don’t take it personally. Just wondering what the reason is for such a comment. I don’t agree with 100% of what DR says, nor do I feel like I have to. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. He’s not a physician; he never went to medical school and does not have our perspective. For a lot of us it would have been impossible to go to medical school without any loans. We wouldn’t be where we are now. But the other advise he gives, e.g. living below your means, paying off debt, saving for retirement, is mostly good advice.

I’m excited for my husband; it seems like a great place to work and they are doing positive things for a lot of people.

#238914 Reply
    Liked by jfoxcpacfp

And on the upside, I’ve heard nothing but good things from employees there.  They seem to take care of their people.

#238915 Reply
    Liked by jfoxcpacfp
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant

https://www.thedailybeast.com/spies-cash-and-fear-inside-christian-money-guru-dave-ramseys-social-media-witch-hunt

Interesting piece.

I like listening to Dave a lot.

It seems that things go well when you work for him as long as you are drinking the Kool Aid, not so much if you have questions. My second favorite thing from this piece is how when faced with a conflict he demanded to meet the other person with his pastor. I might meet someone but would have a hard time seeing the need to have a religious leader present for a workplace dispute.

My favorite thing about this article is that when Dave learned it was being written and was asked for comments he again insisted on a meeting the author with a pastor. Hard pass on that one dude.

#238918 Reply
    Participant
    Earnest refinancing bonus

Wow. Yeah, it’s impossible to know exactly what happened without being there. The bringing a loaded gun to a staff meeting is also bizarre to me. No more bizarre than patients bringing their guns to their visits with me, though…

#238934 Reply
    Liked by MPMD
    SerrateAndDominate SerrateAndDominate 
    Participant

Click to expand…

Click to expand…

Why?

Click to expand…

Sorry for my delay and meant no offense, especially to your husband who I’m sure is a hard-working and good guy.

To be fair, a lot of the things I’ve heard about Dave are from news sources. I think his savings message is good. It gets people motivated to take a no non-sense approach to things. There are a lot of people who have horrible financial behavior, and his tough approach is appropriate for those cases. His investment advice always seemed a little over the top.

I also read some of the stories from prior employees. Seemed like the pay was low, and it was a cult-like atmosphere. I’d curiously ask you for follow-up, but maybe don’t have your identifying info available. Hoping y’all have a better experience than what that link says.

Earn everything.

#238953 Reply
    MPMD MPMD 
    Participant

Wow. Yeah, it’s impossible to know exactly what happened without being there. The bringing a loaded gun to a staff meeting is also bizarre to me. No more bizarre than patients bringing their guns to their visits with me, though…

Click to expand…

he says on the air all the time that’s he’s armed basically all the time.

to be fair probably not that far out of the mainstream for a right-leaning person with such a public presence.

everybody’s a cowboy!

#239027 Reply

Reply To: Anybody from Nashville?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear