Menu

Any SCPMG Kaiser physicians on here?

Home Personal Finance and Budgeting Any SCPMG Kaiser physicians on here?

•  G-pathy 
    Participant

@kpinvestor

It phases out in a linear fashion across the $100,000 (assuming MFJ) but the tax bracket increases so you generate more to deduct.

https://www.kitces.com/blog/pass-through-business-deduction-rules-qualified-business-income-qbi-limits/

At least in my specialty, this is one more incentive to work 8/10ths so I’m a little worried about it.

#121397 Reply
     Dr. Right 
    Participant

Sorry for my ignorance but is this helpful to all SCPMG physicians?

#121419 Reply
     G-pathy 
    Participant

Sorry for my ignorance but is this helpful to all SCPMG physicians?

Click to expand…

Nope.

#121426 Reply
     NoobMD 
    Participant
    Splash Refinancing Bonus

Hi SCPMG colleagues,

I work for SCPMG as well. I have vanguard Roth and taxabale account. Here is my layout

Roth IRA: VTSAX
    Taxable acc: VTSAX and VTIAX
    401k: VPMAX, VITPX, VWILX, VBMPX, and Small Cap fund.

Should I put all my fund in 401k to target date fund? I am young and have 30 years of service at SCPMG. Appreciate your suggestions.

#170558 Reply
     KPInvestor 
    Participant

Hi SCPMG colleagues,

I work for SCPMG as well. I have vanguard Roth and taxabale account. Here is my layout

Roth IRA: VTSAX
    Taxable acc: VTSAX and VTIAX
    401k: VPMAX, VITPX, VWILX, VBMPX, and Small Cap fund.

Should I put all my fund in 401k to target date fund? I am young and have 30 years of service at SCPMG. Appreciate your suggestions.

Click to expand…

HI NoobMD,

I assume you meant to say that you will have 30 more years of service at SCPMG.  In my personal opinion, I love the target funds available for SCPMG physicians.  I think the main issue that most people have with target date funds is cost.  However you will notice that ER with these target date funds is 0.04 or something like that.  It is essentially free.  With the funds that are available for SCPMG, I honestly think these target date funds are not a bad way to go.  Id love to hear other peoples opinions, but my money is all in target date funds within my 401 and keogh.  My taxable accounts and Roth IRA’s are in SWISX, SWTSX and SWAGX to keep everything within schwab, however VTSAX and VTIAX are basically the vanguard equivalents in my opinion.  you might consider VBTLX if you want to throw some bonds into that mixture.

#170645 Reply
     Peds 
    Participant

I used them for a while as well as I couldn’t beat the cost and I micromanage.
    Only changed because spouses options changed so I could be a little more picky.

#170646 Reply
     NoobMD 
    Participant

Yeah, I agree that the expense ratio is so cheap for TDF. It is 0.06% for TDF 2055. I am thinking about moving my money to TDF 2055 in my 401k and Keogh. I should buy Vanguard Total Bond in my Roth IRA. What do you guys think?

#170715 Reply
     Peds 
    Participant

No. Pick a different TDF. No FI in Roth.

#170736 Reply
     NoobMD 
    Participant

Hi Peds,

What do you mean pick a different TDF? What is FI? They only have TDF 2055 and 2060. They are practically the same in asset allocation and same expense ratio. They don’t let me pick 2060 because it will be too far away from my retirement date. I am currently have VTSAX in my Roth. I am thinking about buying vanguard total bond for next year contribute to balance out my asset allocation. What do you think?

#170768 Reply
     Peds 
    Participant

Hi Peds,

What do you mean pick a different TDF? What is FI? They only have TDF 2055 and 2060. They are practically the same in asset allocation and same expense ratio. They don’t let me pick 2060 because it will be too far away from my retirement date. I am currently have VTSAX in my Roth. I am thinking about buying vanguard total bond for next year contribute to balance out my asset allocation. What do you think?

Click to expand…

there are definitely more than 2 TDF in the Schwab TSR.

pick a more conservative one to balance out your stock position in rIRA.

even then, you would pick the total bond institutional in the TSR over putting that in your rIRA.

#170881 Reply
     NoobMD 
    Participant

Hi Peds,

Thank you for your help. Do you recommend to put some money in TDF and some in total bond fund or just choose a conservative date fund where they put about 30% in bond?

#170894 Reply
     NoobMD 
    Participant

The expense ratio for total bond fund is 0.03%. It is not too expensive.

#170896 Reply
     Peds 
    Participant

Hi Peds,

Thank you for your help. Do you recommend to put some money in TDF and some in total bond fund or just choose a conservative date fund where they put about 30% in bond?

Click to expand…

You should pick the TDF because you don’t want to manage or rebalance too much, and are ok with 40% intl stock and 30% intl bond.

I would just pick the TDF that was closest to balancing out my AA.

The costs are negligible and almost literally non-existent.

#170904 Reply
     NoobMD 
    Participant

Sorry for another question. I have account at Vanguard for Roth IRA and Schwab for 401k and Keogh. How do I compute my AA score?

#170914 Reply
     Peds 
    Participant

Sorry for another question. I have account at Vanguard for Roth IRA and Schwab for 401k and Keogh. How do I compute my AA score?

Click to expand…

score?

you mean the asset percentage?

total value of a holding (says bonds) from all accounts / total amount of all accounts x 100 = % in that holding.

so if you have 10K in bonds, and 100K total portfolio you are 10% bonds.

#170949 Reply

Reply To: Any SCPMG Kaiser physicians on here?

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear