Menu

Anesthesia billing

Home Practice Management Anesthesia billing

•  John 
    Participant

I’m a partner in a small anesthesia group and we have had problems with our current billing company. We are fed up and ready for a change. One option would be to start doing the billing ourselves. We already have the office space, employees, and computers. We have an outside cpa firm that handles the practice management side. So we would just be taking over the billing aspect. Has anyone done this? Any anesthesiologist do there own billing? What major pitfalls are out there? Once again, we are just considering this as an option.

#180139 Reply
     okayplayer 
    Participant

You obviously have to run the numbers at what you are paying (or would need to pay) your outside billing company vs what it would cost to do it yourself. We pay our biller 2.5% but we are a massive group that gets a huge volume discount.

#180183 Reply
     okayplayer 
    Participant

Also, don’t forget customer service access for your patients. Bad debt collection. I could go on and on.

I would think for a small group it would be cost prohibitive to do your own billing but YMMV.

#180185 Reply
     radnater 
    Participant

Self billing sounds terrible. I think okayplayer is right on.

We cooperate with a local surgeons office for our billing. It is a nice arrangement and benefits both of our practices. It may be something to pursue depending on your total billable charges.

#180230 Reply
    Liked by jfoxcpacfp
     joeblo 
    Participant

see PM sent to you

#180525 Reply

Reply To: Anesthesia billing

In case of a glitch or error, please save your text elsewhere, clear browser cache, close browser, open browser and refresh the page.

you're currently offline

Notifications Mark all as read  |  Clear