Ladies - Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies - Help!

We are a few short weeks away from the arrival of our baby girl. I would like to get my wife something for the occasion, call it a "push present" if you will. As a member of this forum I am obviously looking to not break the bank (aka my savings rate!).

Any ideas on what you received/would want at such a time? For our previous child I got her an Apple watch, which is something she was wanting for the ease of use during clinic and not needing to have her phone always on-hand.

Input would be appreciated!

You are making me feel inadequate. Likely others too.  When my wife delivered...her gift was a baby.  Now x 3.

Comment

I vowed to get up with the other three children until the last one sleeps through the night. Still waiting...
      Won't cost you a thing except your sanity.

Comment

An epidural seems like a pretty good push present.

Comment

Assuming you're done after this one, a vasectomy.

All my friends who have had the weight of birth control taken off their shoulders have been very appreciative.

Alternatively, I bet she really wants that truck.

Comment

Hahaha!

Comment

You guys are too much. Looks like I’ll have to rely on Reddit

Comment

Looks like I’ll have to rely on Reddit

ew...

Comment

Man these responses are amazeballs.

I just got my babies . . . and the epidurals. The epidural was more priceless than the baby ?

I'll be honest, I have never understood the idea of a push present. Like, I *have* to get the baby out. I'm not doing it as a favor to my husband.

I understand you just want to do something nice though. How about weekly housecleaning for 6 months ( but don't be surprised if it becomes weekly housecleaning for the rest of time).

Comment

Oh and congratulations to your family!!!

Comment

With #1 we still had student loans, so was a non-starter. I did bring it up with #2, but she insisted on funding the rIRAs before year's end. We've had friends splurge on some pretty incredible jewelry and vacations (baby moon?)... Lordosis takes the cake, though.

Comment

some "gift certificates" from you that she can cash in at any time: for a nap, an hour alone to read her book.  Or splurge and get a housecleaner for six months....

Comment

Or splurge and get a housecleaner for six months….

After our twins someone got us home cleaning service for 6 months.  We had a cleaner house for sure but I think it made things more stressful.  The night before trying to get everything all picked up and not letting the kids wreck it the next day.  My wife felt that she had to leave the house and that is a pain with kids and a dog.  We stopped the service more for convenience then because of the money.

Horrible first world problems!

Comment

bluetooth headphones are always a good gift.

sounds kind of dumb? think about it. how many of us listen to podcasts, books, music etc?

my wife and i both constantly have headphones in.

you can get her some super awesome ones like bose in-ears. actually great for new parents b/c you can listen to your true crime cast while you rock or feed baby.

Comment

bluetooth headphones are always a good gift.

sounds kind of dumb? think about it. how many of us listen to podcasts, books, music etc?

my wife and i both constantly have headphones in.

you can get her some super awesome ones like bose in-ears. actually great for new parents b/c you can listen to your true crime cast while you rock or feed baby.

Good idea, re headphones, but I am going to recommend Trek Air, so you can hear your baby screaming for you while listening to your podcast, audiobook, music, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X