X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This seems harsh...

I joined the Facebook WCI group and I would never post on there, but I have made some observations.

I must say, many of the questions/choices that I read are undisciplined and just plain dumb. I feel like the comments section of Facebook WCI is even worse — it would be like a layman trying to diagnose himself (vs the forum which is much better) with WebMD (everything is cancer!)

That said, the majority of contributors that I frequently come across here are much savvier with their advice.

PS, good to see you back @FLP ??

examples plz for those without fb

Comment

The facebook comments also seem to be dominated by the several posters that I doubt are very active here.

Comment

@panscan — too much work man. It’s like reading Instagram comments on political feeds or ESPN comments section before they had Facebook login. Just addictive to read, but my head hurts from banging the wall.

PS I’m not trying to promote it. Just an observation!

Comment

i do not participate there. too much of a cesspool.

Comment

Facebook tends to bring out the worst in people.  It has devolved into a platform of self-aggrandizement, attention seeking, and echo chambers, none of which are good for education, rational discourse, or the psyche.

Comment

I was a member when it first launched. I left shorty after the drama incident (I don’t remember all the details but someone was losing their job over posts etc.)

Besides the drama I found the posts too basic and many comments fairly negative rather than a supportive community.

There are many great Facebook groups out there on all sorts of common interests. I just found this one not on my list......

I like the peeps here.

Comment

This does not surprise me about a facebook group

Comment

What's interesting is the FB Group never talks about the WCI Forum, but this is the 4th or 5th thread on the WCI Forum about the Facebook Group.

The benefit of the FB Group is it reaches a lot more people and people use it a lot more.

The downside is it is incredibly difficult to use, the average financial literacy is much lower, it is impossible to search, and it is equally tricky to monetize.

Maybe those of you in both locations should drop more hints there to come over to the forum more often.
                  Helping those who wear the white coat get a fair shake on Wall Street since 2011

Comment

I joined faced book my sophomore year of college.  Disabled it my 4th year before going on medschool interviews per advice at the time.  Then when all that stuff happened with the selling of information I heard on the news that it was possible to think you deleted your account but it was just disabled.  I had not used it in 5 years and had nothing to hide from Russia but thought it as good of an excuse as any to dump it because I see how much of a time suck it is for most people I know.  Then I discover this forum...

Comment

What’s interesting is the FB Group never talks about the WCI Forum, but this is the 4th or 5th thread on the WCI Forum about the Facebook Group.

The benefit of the FB Group is it reaches a lot more people and people use it a lot more.

The downside is it is incredibly difficult to use, the average financial literacy is much lower, it is impossible to search, and it is tricky to monetize.

Maybe those of you in both locations should drop more hints there to come over to the forum more often.

Make them tricky smart hints so we only get the cream of the crop!

Comment

The anonymous nature of the forum is way more appealing than Facebook. If I could go on their as a pseudonym, I would give lots of advice.

Some of the comments or advice given are crazy. Individual stock buying, real estate deals, same backdoor Roth question... It would take the regulars on the forum all day to weed through the comments.

Comment

Individual stock buying, real estate deals, same backdoor Roth question…

This is what I have found there... lots of "hot deals" of the day.... scary!

Comment

I gave up on Facebook last year and would encourage anybody even remotely considering it to give it a shot. You’ll forget Facebook was ever a thing.

Comment

Cord cutting.

Comment

Working...
                              X