Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReFinDoc
    replied
    This seminar had experts from multiple fields. Accident reconstruction, forensic accounting, marine architecture. Maybe 1/4 of the audience  (75) were physicians; Family docs, ortho, spine surgeons. No academics that I could tell. Appeared that most were interested in supplementing their regular incomes rather only doing expert testimony. Payment seemed to range from $250 to $500 hour to review and maybe $5000 to testify.

Certainly an area most physicians are terrified of. Requires an unique skill set and attitude.

Leave a comment:

• MPMD
    replied
    Does anyone know of a doc who has made a lot of money at this without a title/academic credentials?

I think it's quite a bit harder to really make money at this unless you are in academics.

The people I know who have really done well are all high up in major quaternary centers.

Leave a comment:

• ReFinDoc
    replied
    I just finished this course yesterday.

http://store.seak.com/how-to-excel-at-your-expert-witness-deposition-january-20-21-san-diego-ca/

Leave a comment:

• ifonlyFI
    replied
    I do a case ~q2yrs. I was referred by existing expert witness doc.

I’ve heard some senior Orthos make a living , but never met one. I’m not convinced it is a great way to make money. There’s work involved. It’s stressful. I’ve been both on the plaintiff and defendant side. Feels a little awkward either way. I’ve never gone to court to testify

Be firm on your rate sheet. Some lawyers will be nit picky when it comes time for payout, but don’t argue if you refer to your rate sheet and your documented time.

Leave a comment:

• I Find This Humerus
    started a topic Anyone moonlight as an Expert Witness?

Anyone moonlight as an Expert Witness?

Anyone here do expert witness work on the side? Is it worth it? How do you get into it? Seems interesting and I'd like to get my feet wet.

How/where do I inquire?
Working...
X