X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Implantable Medical Tracking Device]

Frequently my mind wanders, especially if I am looking for a solution to a problem. And then I think - " Gee, would it not be nice if I had such an option to use".

Case in point. I like to track my exercise, mainly steps, now that I am getting older and eating more but exercising less. There are tons of apps for this. Many can be done with just carrying a phone on you all the time. But then I forget to carry the phone in my pocket more than half the time that I am awake.

I also tried the Fitbit / Garmin and other trackers. I forget to have it on half the time, mostly in the morning, when I forget to wear after a shower. Also many of the straps and clips and buckles cause me to have itching and contact dermatitis. I stopped wearing the Garmin Vivoactive because of this.

I would love to have a small implanted device. Something that can be implanted subcutaneously like a Depo-Provera or Zoladex depot, with a lidocaine injection followed by the implant. It can then track my steps, heart rate, sleep / awake hours, blood sugar, maybe cholesterol and other essential health functions. And connect and download to an app when it is within range. It such a thing lasts for three years before requiring a change, I would jump on having it implanted in me.

Is anyone making such an item or is it in research stage?

Do you also have such thoughts wishing a solution existed for a problem you have, but sadly find it does not exist.

I can’t imagine any scenario where I would want something like you described. So many issues I don’t know where to begin. To each their own I guess.

Comment

no, such a thing does not exist

Comment

Step one- implant biotrackers in the populous.

Step two- enslave mankind.

Comment

Seems like a lot of metrics motivation to get healthy. If you have the mental fortitude to become a physician, you should be able to create a reasonable dietary and exercise action plan to optimize one’s health.

Comment

The vaccines & 5G are basically implanting teeny tiny microchips inside of us all. Already. !!!

My tip on getting people to take medications (akin to wearing a tracker device) is to put/keep it next to your meds/vitamins/coffee/keys/cologne/glasses/cocaine, anything you have to reach for consistently. For the allergic reaction, sometimes smearing some petroleum jelly can quell the reaction enough; or swap out bands to/for hypoallergenic materials.

One of my problems (out of many...) without a solution is manually having to open & close my car windows before work. Not all of my cars are sheltered. In summer I like to leave the windows open an inch or so. I'd love a device that would close the windows when it is going to rain. I don't want a car cover or (another) car canopy. Even for when at the store or parked at work.

I mean I could rig up some type of cellular receiving thingy to jump battery power to the "window up" circuit. But then I'd have to manually monitor the rain & signal it. And it wouldn't be elegant.
            "Oh look another bajillion point declin-Ooooh!!! A coupon for pizza!!!!" <--- This is what everyone's IPS should be. ✓✓✓

Comment

Originally posted by Cubicle View Post
              The vaccines & 5G are basically implanting teeny tiny microchips inside of us all. Already. !!!

My tip on getting people to take medications (akin to wearing a tracker device) is to put/keep it next to your meds/vitamins/coffee/keys/cologne/glasses/cocaine, anything you have to reach for consistently. For the allergic reaction, sometimes smearing some petroleum jelly can quell the reaction enough; or swap out bands to/for hypoallergenic materials.

One of my problems (out of many...) without a solution is manually having to open & close my car windows before work. Not all of my cars are sheltered. In summer I like to leave the windows open an inch or so. I'd love a device that would close the windows when it is going to rain. I don't want a car cover or (another) car canopy. Even for when at the store or parked at work.

I mean I could rig up some type of cellular receiving thingy to jump battery power to the "window up" circuit. But then I'd have to manually monitor the rain & signal it. And it wouldn't be elegant.
              Cubicle, I doubt there is an after market for the window device you want but all the technology exists. Consider: rain sensing circuits that control variable windshield wipers; also, the apps that allow a car to be started/locked/monitored by phone. Hey, Elon, connect the windshield rain sensor to the side window control circuit and roll them up if it rains and the car is in park! Also, in an app to do the same thing remotely in case the owner is unable to run to the car but notices the skies are ominous.

Comment

Cue the next Black Mirror episode.

Comment

Kamban have you tried an apple watch? The first thing I do in the morning is put mine on. I charge it beside the bed. I love the exercise tracking. No more hunting for your phone if you get a call or text.

Comment

I’m sure someone is developing it that will get some of those functions - we get about 3 years out of an implantable loop recorder which is basically similar to what you described in terms of device size, etc.

its my favorite “procedure” that I bill for. Takes 60 sec and I get 300 bucks. The even sadder part is hospital charges 5-10k range.

Comment

Of course this already exists. Just move to Sweden. Time-limited offer: they will throw in a COVID exposure for free if you order in the next six months.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/22/65880...der-their-skin

Comment

“Case in point. I like to track my exercise, mainly steps, now that I am getting older and eating more but exercising less.”

Is the solution to the problem a tracking device or simply eating less and exercising more?

Might need an optional cattle prod or shock collar to “stimulate” corrective behaviors. Bet that option gets turned off!

Comment

I lose my phone constantly but somehow manage to wear my fitbit religiously. Do you leave it on the bathroom counter when you shower? There are also lots of different bands to swap out to avoid the rash issue.

But if this device you wish came on the market with GPS tracking, I'd put it in my kids. Just cause I have an irrational fear of them being kidnapped.

Comment

Originally posted by wideopenspaces View Post
                            But if this device you wish came on the market with GPS tracking, I'd put it in my kids. Just cause I have an irrational fear of them being kidnapped.
                            Oh, there’s a Black Mirror episode for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Hank View Post

Oh, there’s a Black Mirror episode for that!
                              It sounds like I should never watch that show;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X