X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Side Gig?

Could someone explain to me what this job posting is actually for? Sounds like you'd be working for an insurance company doing what? Why would they pay physicians to go to people's homes and do a "health risk assessment?"
    Does anyone here do anything like this? Sounds easy of course. I'm looking for something to do in my home state since I'm currently not using my license here (I work in an adjoining state). Also, the hospital where I work is being bought out by another healthcare system and I'm a little nervous about what that might mean for my job right now, so I'm looking for something as a backup in case I get let go. Pay is not great, but for a back up gig I could deal with it.

https://www.locumtenens.com/hospital...ota/job-890387

I think these Medicare advantage plans get set monthly fees from Medicare based on the patient's risk score. The higher the risk score based on your assessment, the more these plans get paid. There have been whistleblower suits filed against these plans for overstating the risk scores:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...in-home-visits

Besides the low pay, it sounds incredibly monotonous.

Comment

U want to be alone with someone in their house? I wouldn’t.

Comment

It sounds like a Medicare Annual Wellness visit done in the patient's home.

Comment

Sounds like a job that could also be offered to PAs (in my limited experience). Is it 1099? If so, I wonder what you’ve got to lose - can you sign on for a few weeks/months and quit if it’s not worth your time? If the evaluations can be stacked close together, might be an easy gig for extra money if that’s what you’re after. Doesn’t sound like something I would expect you’d look at as a backup career if the current one d/n pan out, but might be lucrative if you have a specific goal you’re trying to pay/save for, like retiring a year earlier, down payment, SL payoff, etc. And, to each his own.
          Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical and high-income professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

People are crazy. You couldn’t pay me enough to go alone into some of their houses. Just think of all the weird stuff that comes up in your office....do you really want to deal with that in their house? And it only takes one wackos accusation for things to really go sideways.

Comment

These comments crack me up- I lasted 6 months as a home health PT.

Comment

For fun, reply with a much higher pay rate. $350-$500 per patient. Costs you only a few pennies of electricity.
                "Oh look another bajillion point declin-Ooooh!!! A coupon for pizza!!!!" <--- This is what everyone's IPS should be. ✓✓✓

Comment

Working...
                X