X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burritos View Post
    So I got the 14-50 adapter for the OEM Tesla charger. When plugged into m y 240 v, I only get 15 mi/hr charge with the amber flashing light. With my leaf charger+J1772 adapter, the Y gets 28 mi/hr with the green flashing light. Does that seem right?
    "Charge Port Light
    • WHITE: The charge port door is open.
    Model 3 is ready to charge and the
    connector is not inserted, or the latch is
    released and the connector is ready to be
    removed.
    • BLUE: Model 3 detects that a connector
    has been plugged in.
    • BLINKING BLUE: Model 3 is
    communicating with the connector. Either
    Model 3 is preparing to charge, or a
    charging session is scheduled to begin at
    a specified future time.
    • BLINKING GREEN: Charging is in progress.
    As Model 3 approaches a full charge, the
    frequency of the blinking slows.
    • SOLID GREEN: Charging is complete.
    • SOLID AMBER: The connector is not fully
    plugged in. Realign the connector to the
    charge port and insert fully.
    • BLINKING AMBER: Model 3 is charging at
    a reduced current (AC charging only).
    • RED: A fault is detected and charging has
    stopped. Check the touchscreen for a fault
    message."

Found that in the forums, sounds like that was a quote from the manual. Is the 14-50 plug and adapter fully plugged in so it's flush? the plug fully plugged into the car?

if you're able to pull full amps from the leaf+j1772, you should be able to pull full amps from directly plugging into the 14-50. if it doesn't resolve something possibly may be faulty with the adapter and I'd contact tesla.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nysoz View Post

"Charge Port Light
      • WHITE: The charge port door is open.
      Model 3 is ready to charge and the
      connector is not inserted, or the latch is
      released and the connector is ready to be
      removed.
      • BLUE: Model 3 detects that a connector
      has been plugged in.
      • BLINKING BLUE: Model 3 is
      communicating with the connector. Either
      Model 3 is preparing to charge, or a
      charging session is scheduled to begin at
      a specified future time.
      • BLINKING GREEN: Charging is in progress.
      As Model 3 approaches a full charge, the
      frequency of the blinking slows.
      • SOLID GREEN: Charging is complete.
      • SOLID AMBER: The connector is not fully
      plugged in. Realign the connector to the
      charge port and insert fully.
      • BLINKING AMBER: Model 3 is charging at
      a reduced current (AC charging only).
      • RED: A fault is detected and charging has
      stopped. Check the touchscreen for a fault
      message."

Found that in the forums, sounds like that was a quote from the manual. Is the 14-50 plug and adapter fully plugged in so it's flush? the plug fully plugged into the car?

if you're able to pull full amps from the leaf+j1772, you should be able to pull full amps from directly plugging into the 14-50. if it doesn't resolve something possibly may be faulty with the adapter and I'd contact tesla.
      My bad. Wasn't fully flush into the car. Now it's charging at 30 mph. Thanks for the trouble shooting.

Comment

• Owning an electric car really does save money, Consumer Reports finds

Most EVs are $6,000-$10,000 cheaper to operate than an equivalent ICE vehicle

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/10...reports-finds/

Comment

• https://electrek.co/2020/10/05/tesla...on-police-car/

this police department saved $6k their first year compared to a Dodge Charger.

Comment

• "BEV car will save $790 over 15,000 miles (24,000km) compared to an ICE car. For an SUV the savings is $1,020, and for a pickup truck it estimates it to be $1,310."

That needs some real extrapolations for Cost of ownership on BEVs for SUV and pickup trucks --- wonder the n= on those categories as don't know any real BEV truck anywhere

Comment

• Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post
              "BEV car will save $790 over 15,000 miles (24,000km) compared to an ICE car. For an SUV the savings is $1,020, and for a pickup truck it estimates it to be $1,310."

That needs some real extrapolations for Cost of ownership on BEVs for SUV and pickup trucks --- wonder the n= on those categories as don't know any real BEV truck anywhere
              Why do you say 'B' EV I figured out that it stands for battery, but all EV's have B's correct? Or was that the original term and it got cut short to EV?

Comment

Why do you say 'B' EV I figured out that it stands for battery, but all EV's have B's correct? Or was that the original term and it got cut short to EV?
                its just being more specific.
                bev, phev, hev......
                all squares are rectangles etc

Comment

• BEV - Battery EV; PHEV - PluginHybrid EV; HEV - Hydrogencell EV

ICE - Internal Combustion Engine

Comment

• Originally posted by StarTrekDoc View Post
                    BEV - Battery EV; PHEV - PluginHybrid EV; HEV - Hydrogencell EV

ICE - Internal Combustion Engine
                    Fuel Cell en masse will never come to fruition. I'm sure the technology is awesome and the scientist and engineers who are working on it really believe in it. But it's always be a red herring by ICE companies to show people that they're trending to clean energy. Only now with a disruptor poking in are the ICE companies starting to do BEV's.

Comment

• HEVs use a battery to run the motor; just what charges the battery is simple hydrogen -- VERY low maintanence and not carrying around heavy expensive batteries. Range 400+ per refuel

Small problem. no infrastructure.

For cities with mass transit -- makes perfect sense for buses and airports and seaports for supporting this HEV tech.

We do have a hydrogen fueling station 1 mile away from us

Comment

• Sorry to keep bumping this thread. Looks like the Chinese Tesla Virus is going viral:

Comment

Sorry to keep bumping this thread. Looks like the Chinese Tesla Virus is going viral:
                          Let me just remind you what happened the last time a Chinese virus went viral...

Comment

• Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

Let me just remind you what happened the last time a Chinese virus went viral...
                            They closed the GDP gap?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	_113425291_chinagdp28y-apr2020-nc.png
Views:	86
Size:	449.9 KB
ID:	233502

Click image for larger version

Name:	_113752315_us_gdp_growth_q2_2020-nc.png
Views:	80
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	233503

Comment

• There's not a single stat coming out of China that I trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
                                There's not a single stat coming out of China that I trust.
                                Perhaps IMF is a little more reputable.
                                https://www.wsj.com/articles/imf-say...ne-11602592206

-The multilateral lending institution projected that Chinese economy will grow 1.9% and 8.2% in 2020 and 2021 respectively.
                                -U.S., growth next year is projected at 3.1% after a 4.3% decline this year.
                                -The eurozone will expand 5.2% after shrinking 8.3%.
                                -Japan is likely to see 2.3% growth, following a 5.3% drop.

Comment

Working...
                                X