Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wishing I had predicted the "correction" so I could have beefed up my cash reserves to go on a buying binge. Other than that (fleeting) thought, I have been playing my favorite radio show to drown out the market "noise".
    "Oh look another bajillion point declin-Ooooh!!! A coupon for pizza!!!!" <--- This is what everyone's IPS should be. ✓✓✓

Comment

I started doing partial Roth IRA conversions last year. I plan to do more conversions this year but I’m hoping for an even bigger drop in the market once politics starts making investors uncertain and nervous. Here’s hoping for total (temporary) market chaos!

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post
        Of course on the year I front load my HSA!!!
        I did the same thing with my backdoor roth contribution, oh well LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubicle View Post
          I am wishing I had predicted the "correction" so I could have beefed up my cash reserves to go on a buying binge. Other than that (fleeting) thought, I have been playing my favorite radio show to drown out the market "noise".
          this is why dollar cost averaging isn’t always bad

Comment

I retired in 2019 so I will be in a low bracket this year. I might convert more money if we continue to have chaos.

Comment

Be careful, it's the financially uneducated that call data points "noise". That "noise" is what makes the difference between mediocre vs. significant profits, losses, and/or a retirement multiple fold your peers. The trick is getting a grasp of what the true impact of the data is, and that takes years of educated experience especially where there is conflicting data.

Anyway, I have up to $2M earmarked elsewhere that I can redirect to the markets. More than double that if I leverage assets. The wealthy don't dollar cost average into overextended markets. Never understood the logic there. A pullback like this virus scare can be a far better entry point than buying monthly into lofty markets. Gravity never fails.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post

The trick is getting a grasp of what the true impact of the data is, and that takes years of educated experience especially where there is conflicting data.
                Guess I'll have to settle for mediocre profits

Comment

Be careful, it's the financially uneducated that call data points "noise". That "noise" is what makes the difference between mediocre vs. significant profits, losses, and/or a retirement multiple fold your peers. The trick is getting a grasp of what the true impact of the data is, and that takes years of educated experience especially where there is conflicting data.

Anyway, I have up to $2M earmarked elsewhere that I can redirect to the markets. More than double that if I leverage assets. The wealthy don't dollar cost average into overextended markets. Never understood the logic there. A pullback like this virus scare can be a far better entry point than buying monthly into lofty markets. Gravity never fails.

Good luck!
                  DXQLX is down 17% from the high. From your purchase 2/8/18, you were up 91%, now about 56%. Are you hanging on?

I kindly again request for you to let us know when you sell. Or buy. I can’t tell what you’re predicting

Comment

Just make sure the $2m is stashed in a different bank than the loan or the balance transfer accounts. Sometimes “objects may be closer than they appear”.
                    Just saying. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
                      DXQLX is down 17% from the high. From your purchase 2/8/18, you were up 91%, now about 56%. Are you hanging on?

I kindly again request for you to let us know when you sell. Or buy. I can’t tell what you’re predicting
                      I'll give EntrepreneurMD one thing, they're really good at saying something...without really saying anything at all.

Comment

We are not close to correction territory. A Roth conversion/purchase right now is not pouncing because there is "blood in the streets", but taking advantage of an opportunity, assuming you believe, as I do, that the markets will continue to average long-term growth ~10%, dividends reinvested. That doesn't mean that the markets won't continue to decline, this is not market-timing. But if you do DCA, why not buy/convert some in a temporary drop? If you keep waiting for more decline, then you are market timing.
                        Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical and high-income professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post

You're supposed to buy low, not sell low. I can see why this is so difficult for you. You're also way too short term in your thinking, maybe the reason for the odd day trading questions. You should keep doing things the way you have.

You can't tell what I'm predicting because I'm not predicting.

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post

I'll give EntrepreneurMD one thing, they're really good at saying something...without really saying anything at all.
                            I call that “noise” or “racquet”.
                            Kids, stop making too much racquet.
                            It is inappropriate to say STFU. Kids rat me out to mom. Kids say the darnedest things.

Comment

You're supposed to buy low, not sell low. I can see why this is so difficult for you. You're also way too short term in your thinking, maybe the reason for the odd day trading questions. You should keep doing things the way you have.

You can't tell what I'm predicting because I'm not predicting.
                              I get it.
                              When the market goes down you get to say look at how smart I am for holding cash so I can buy low
                              When the market goes up you get to say look at how smart I am for holding leveraged equity funds
                              The words don't matter much, you'll gain some respect if you keep us up to date on actions as taken

Comment

I'm starting to rethink my front loading strategy of Roth IRA, HSA, and 401k in January for next year!

Comment

Working...
                                X