First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do nothing, is that abnormal?

Comment

Originally posted by Peds View Post
      I will probably schedule an emergency spreadsheet meeting..... Then we will go about our day
      Print out that spreadsheet and frame it. Hang it where to keep wedding photos and baby pictures. It means a lot to you and your spouse.
      Who knows, some day you might actually look at it. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by burritos View Post
        If you do nothing, is that abnormal?
        Nope. I have never celebrated a financial milestone, neither a number reached nor such things as paying off our house, first partner bonus check, etc, I probably did not even recognize some of them.

One more million will take us to a very large milestone that I never imagined would be achieved, and if/when we reach it, I will “celebrate” by continuing to do what got us there. Okay, maybe I will take the dogs for an extra long walk...

Comment

Originally posted by VagabondMD View Post

Nope. I have never celebrated a financial milestone, neither a number reached nor such things as paying off our house, first partner bonus check, etc, I probably did not even recognize some of them.

One more million will take us to a very large milestone that I never imagined would be achieved, and if/when we reach it, I will “celebrate” by continuing to do what got us there. Okay, maybe I will take the dogs for an extra long walk...
          As often seems the case, I’m on the exact same page as VagabondMD. But I’d not express it so well.

Comment

I have never celebrated financial milestones either. In my real life it would seem like bragging. I remember them but I just do not celebrate. I guess going to part-time and then retiring earlier than my peers is celebration enough.

Comment

I didn’t know it happened and we don’t celebrate either. I guess if I won an 83 million powerball id celebrate.....

Comment

I haven't hit the milestone yet, but every time I cross the 1,000,000 dollar milestone, i'm going to go blow a bunch of money on a great vacation.

Comment

If I have a partner by then, i will go on vacation.

Otherwise go to dinner with a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
                    I haven't hit the milestone yet, but every time I cross the 1,000,000 dollar milestone, i'm going to go blow a bunch of money on a great vacation.
                    You can really rack up some great vacations. If you use ETF’s even better. Monitor that sucker all day when you are getting close. That pinball machine will fluctuate up and down continuously. Bonus points can leave you with close to a lifetime supply of great vacations you “earned “. No guilt whatsoever, vacations galore.

Comment

I was sure the market would crash when we hit 1 million. That was only earlier this year. No crash yet.

I don’t think we really celebrated crossing 1 million more than posting semi-anonymously here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatton View Post
                        I have never celebrated financial milestones either. In my real life it would seem like bragging. I remember them but I just do not celebrate. I guess going to part-time and then retiring earlier than my peers is celebration enough.
                        Deleted in case the person lurks on the board. Apologies.
                        Last edited by burritos; 01-24-2020, 03:09 PM.

Comment

"Was it useful for anyone in that conversation?"
                          I have three people that I "brag" about stuff. Two just laugh and say something like "Anything else?"
                          The third is my spouse. She is like "OK, have you finished anything I asked you to handle? Make yourself useful. Congratulations on whatever it was."

Comment

Celebrate quietly and frugally.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubicle View Post

If it was warm weather I'd go sit in the park for a while. I'll probably get ice cream... actually gelato from a (French) bakery near my house. They have this really good hazelnut (Nutella/Ferrero Rocher) flavor, followed by a walk around Home Depot or Costco. Not both... that's for when I hit $2 million.
                              but if you get the gelato, how will you have room for the Costco hot dog and berry sundae?

Comment

Originally posted by EntrepreneurMD View Post
                                Celebrate quietly and frugally.
                                Being able to celebrate cognitively without actually having to burn cash unproductively is a skill.

Comment

Working...
                                X