X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the flu shot and now I have flu

My family of 6 all got their flu shots just like believers of medical evidence should. However now half of us have swab positive influenza B. A friend of my twins came back positive last week so I suspect he is the index case. I know he had the flu shot because I have it to him. (small town I know everyone). My wife probably got it from them. My other 2 kids and I are unscathed so far but I feel betrayed by Western medicine.

Next year I think I will give them two flu shots!

Anyway PSA to practice good hand hygiene and avoid sick people.

Just wait until your entire family comes down with autism.

Comment

I think you should give them three just to be on the safe side.

That's what sucks about medicine it's all about statistics....

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
        I literally laughed out loud at this;-)

I always tell folks the flu shot won't necessarily keep you from getting the flu, but it'll keep you from dying if you do get it.

I'm SO SORRY you are dealing with this! Flu is the WORST.

Comment

you don’t even have the flu this is just clickbait

Comment

Originally posted by wideopenspaces View Post

I literally laughed out loud at this;-)

I always tell folks the flu shot won't necessarily keep you from getting the flu, but it'll keep you from dying if you do get it.

I'm SO SORRY you are dealing with this! Flu is the WORST.
            I have never had influenza myself. It looks pretty awful on the patient's I've treated for it and it looks pretty awful in my wife who is dealing with it right now. My kids do not seem to mind it too much and despite having a hundred and three temperature are still running around like crazy.

The part that affected me the most so far as the fact that nobody is sleeping which is why I am still awake right now waiting for the next child to put back to bed.

It is times like this that I despise my job a little bit because I cannot just take time off to come home and care for my family because I feel too bad for the dozens of patients it would affect and the hassle it would create with my co-workers. Not to mention the hassle it would create when I came back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by jacoavlu View Post
              you don’t even have the flu this is just clickbait
              You are correct sir I do not have the flu. However I would gladly take it three times in a row if it spared my wife and children.

Comment

Originally posted by Peds View Post
                I think you should give them three just to be on the safe side.

That's what sucks about medicine it's all about statistics....
                Monthly October through April.

Comment

Originally posted by Lordosis View Post

Monthly October through April.
                  Microwave the vials for extra strength.

Bummer to hear. Is there a way to know if the vaccine you guys got was supposed to cover the strain your family has?

Comment

Originally posted by CordMcNally View Post
                    That’s what the potato necklace is for after the vaccination. To leach out all of the toxins...

Comment

Reminds me of an article I just read on Gomerblog:

https://gomerblog.com/2020/01/anti-v...utism-vaccine/

Comment

I thought this years vaccine had poor coverage for what ended up being the dominant strain? Flu shot usually has pretty spotty coverage given the randomish strains each year.

Comment

And then there were 2. Another of my kids woke up this morning with fevers. Also flu B.

Me and the baby are in the clear so far.

I hope that having had the immunization will temper the illness to some degree.

It is 2020. We should be better at this!

Comment

Are you moving out to a hotel with the baby? Spending fortunes on Tamiflu? Times when I (or family) had the flu it wasn't too bad. Our experience is that the flu shot does minimize symptoms compared to people who get flu without the shot.

Comment

Didn't you know the whole purpose of flu shots is to actually give people the flu? It's a Big Pharma conspiracy: first they make money selling their toxic vaccine, then they make more money on Tamiflu sales!

(Or maybe I've been hanging around too long on the internet reading conspiracy theories...)

Comment

Working...
                            X