Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am so sorry to hear this. I was always so impressed by Amanda and everything she was doing. Such a loss to her family and her daughter, above all, but to so many others. She will be missed.

Comment

Wow, this is awful news. If there are ways that us Internet strangers (and fellow bloggers) can help, I hope someone close to her and her family organizes a way or let's us know.

Comment

So sad to hear of this news. Amanda had a big heart and so much kindness. She will be missed by many.

Comment

There was a touching tribute published yesterday at Physician's Money Digest by a number of contributors who knew her via our online, phone, video chat, or in person. Not surprisingly, it is the most popular article on the site at the moment.

Comment

There was a touching tribute published yesterday at Physician’s Money Digest by a number of contributors who knew her via our online, phone, video chat, or in person. Not surprisingly, it is the most popular article on the site at the moment.

We must have been looking at the same time. I was so glad to see the personal tribute at the top of the list.
            Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical and high-income professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

Wow, so sad to hear. I have been following her blog for awhile now. Hope the best for her daughter.

Comment

Very sad indeed.  I've read some of her blog (no direct connection to her), but the most inspiring thing about her effort was her dedication to her daughter.  I always had the impression it was the love of her daughter causing her to work so hard.  Hopefully her daughter is able to appreciate that later, because right now I'm sure she's just devastated.
                An alt-brown look at medicine, money, faith, & family
                www.RogueDadMD.com

Comment

For those who are interested in honoring DWM's legacy.  We have asked one of her co-residents to take the lead on communicating with the family to see if a scholarship would be appropriate.  We are also interested in learning more about the details of her passing.

I also wrote a short piece on FPMD if you're interested: Future Proof Docs - Remembering Dr. Wise Money (DWM).

Thank you all for your support.

Comment

A few additional words on the somber subject from me today: The Sunday Worst.

Comment

Any update as to what happened?

Comment

Any update as to what happened?

Glad you asked. I've been wondering myself, particularly about the scholarship fund or plans to arrange an annual financial planning day at her alma mater. Not concerned with the details of her death, that's the family's business, but whether anything is in the works for the future. Will be willing to help if there is anything I can do.
                        Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical and high-income professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

There is conjecture as to what happened which would explain the secrecy.

Comment

Working...
                          X