Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Car Thread - Anyone got an extra $600k? For the right to place an order.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Car Thread - Anyone got an extra $600k? For the right to place an order.

https://news.yahoo.com/600k-gets-spot-line-buy-023136253.html

https://www.atlantismotorgroup.com/vehicles/274/2020-bugatti-divo?utm_source=motorious.com&utm_medium=article&u tm_campaign=motorious

One rare bird, only 40 made.

To spice it up, I wonder is the majority were purchased by male or females?

I was think about the La Voiture Noire, but I'd need every forum member here to go in with me.

Comment

To spice it up, I wonder is the majority were purchased by male or females?

Supercars are overwhelmingly purchased by men

Comment

Serious question - does someone who buys a car like this drive it?  Or, does it just go into storage hoping it increases in value to sell down the road as an investment?

I mean, a bottle of whisky just sold for nearly $2 million and I bet that still doesn't get opened.

Comment

It's a shame. But it's also not my money.

Comment

I will keep my used civic.

Comment

I see Ralph Lauren driving his Vayron, Porsche GT, Porsche 918 Spyder, etc around once in a while.  Has mechanic in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS following him.  So some people drive them.

Comment

I see Ralph Lauren driving his Vayron, Porsche GT, Porsche 918 Spyder, etc around once in a while.  Has mechanic in a Porsche 911 GT3 RS following him.  So some people drive them.

He has a mechanic following him around at all times in a GT3?  LOL wow

https://autoweek.com/article/car-life/ralph-lauren-timeless-cars-joy-driving-and-why-he-doesnt-think-himself-collector

Comment

Never underestimate the stupidity of humans.

Comment

For some people, Ralph Lauren may be one of them, having fancy cars can be part of advertising.

There are consumers who will be impressed by ostentatious displays of consumption. They think that buying some of whatever the guy with the expensive cars is selling will make them as cool as the car guy. They decide that car guy must be rich so whatever he is selling must be worth buying. Maybe some of both. I don't understand this thinking but it seems to be widespread.

For those who are trying to market themselves to consumers who think this way, ostentation becomes a business strategy. I have no idea what proportion of buyers of expensive cars are doing so for this reason. A small minority, perhaps. But not everyone who spends 50 thousand dollars, or more, for a car is a fool wasting money. A few are being strategic.

Comment

"But not everyone who spends 50 thousand dollars, or more, for a car is a fool wasting money" sorry, but that might be the dumbest thing I have heard this year.

Comment

See a wealth tax already exists. It is crap like this and private yachts and planes.

Comment

See a wealth tax already exists. It is crap like this and private yachts and planes.

Awesomeness! Wealth tax ≈ stupid tax.

Comment

Can you explain?

Comment

Working...
                            X