X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poison Ivy

I picked up poison ivy again and am reminded how much I hate it.  The worst part is I have no idea where I was exposed.  I never had a problem with poison ivy until I turned 40.  My now retired primary care physician laughed when I first had a reaction and said "Welcome to middle age!"

At least you only got the sap on your skin.  The very worst cases happen when someone unknowingly burns the plant and breathes in the smoke.  YIKES!

Repeat after me, class:  "Leaflets three, let it be.  Berries white, poisonous sight."

Comment

We have a lot of poison oak around here, which I only found out after traipsing through brush for a couple of years. Apparently I don't react.

Comment

It was a massive poison ivy year where our cottage is. Have never seen so much. So far, DW and I are apparently not sensitive but we still give it a wide birth.

Comment

Technu poison ivy wash /scrub is worth it if you are sensitive. It washed away the oils instead of just spreading them around

Comment

Leaves of three, let it be.  Leaves of four, eat some more.

Comment

I picked up poison ivy again and am reminded how much I hate it.  The worst part is I have no idea where I was exposed.  I never had a problem with poison ivy until I turned 40.  My now retired primary care physician laughed when I first had a reaction and said “Welcome to middle age!”

Exact same thing happened to me. I could roll in it growing up then one year in my late 30s, I came home from picking blackberries with a horrible case. Had no idea what it was until mom, who had horrible reactions, "diagnosed" it.
              Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for medical professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

I cannot tell you how many people call and expect us to send Prednisone in because they have a rash they feel is poison ivy.   People get mad when I make them come in for a visit but more then a few times it turns out to be something else. Cellulitis, fungal, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X