Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can access the forum from my VA computer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can access the forum from my VA computer???

This is definitely not on topic, but I started a new job! At the VA! And for some reason I can't access gmail, but I can access the forum? So random . . .

Thanks a lot wideopenspaces you probably just jinxed it.

Just kidding...sort of...

Comment

I think they're ultra paranoid about any file sharing -- sending files out or putting any files on their computers.   You can't even stick a USB drive into a VA computer.  To be fair, I'm sure the VA is a huge target for ransomware and they'd make national news if there's a large data breach.   So as long as the forum can't do that I doubt they'd care.

Comment

Yeah they’ve blocked out gmail for at least a few years. I wish they’d block Facebook while I rotate there. Things would move a tad faster

Comment

Haha you're probably right about Facebook!

I hope they don't block the forum, I'm going to need something for downtime.

Comment

I work with our IT security team enough to be highly paranoid of a data breach.

Comment

Do not say anything to anyone about your discovery.  Sometimes you get lucky.

Comment

Apparently we can access Amazon too. But I'm not finding much else. . .

Comment

Youtube works.  Ironically some training material is hosted on Youtube.

Comment

Yeah they’ve blocked out gmail for at least a few years. I wish they’d block Facebook while I rotate there. Things would move a tad faster

Dream a little dream, my friend

Comment

I was trying to be positive for once. Oh well. Back to bringing my patients back to the exam room

Comment

We once had a Chief of Staff (Navy Captain) put in a request to white-list E trade.  His justification was, "not having access to my stocks could have a serious impact on my morale".  You should have seen the hoops they jumped through for that one.  He ended up getting it, though.  Signed off by the parent command back in the US.

Moral of the story - If you got enough rank, anything can happen. :P

Comment

I would never trade stocks on my company computer.   Bring own phone or laptop with WAN.

Comment

I use YouTube in the clinic not infrequently to discuss exercises. Basically I vet the videos, I have ones I like that demonstrate what I want them to do and I show them to the patient in clinic and write down the YouTube episode for them to follow at home. I've found that compliance seems to be improved when I do this compared with just telling them what I want them to do or giving them a paper handout. I think it also helps when they can see that other people out there recommend this same exact thing it's not just some exercise I made up lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X