Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Briefcase

Does anyone else carry a briefcase?
    95% of the time it just contains my lunch. But it is useful when I do occasionally carry papers. Also a good place to stock extra pens and index cards.
    I keep a multitool in there as well which has come in handy on many occasions.

Does anyone else carry a briefcase?
    95% of the time it just contains my lunch. But it is useful when I do occasionally carry papers. Also a good place to stock extra pens and index cards.
    I keep a multitool in there as well which has come in handy on many occasions.

I carry a small shoulder bag when I travel to carry my laptop, but it certainly wouldn't be confused with a briefcase.

Comment

I don's use a briefcase but have been using a cheap $25 Wilson shoulder bag for over a decade. I really useful to carry plenty of small stuff like bills, check books, pens, charts ( yes, I still use those and am not on EMR) that can get lost if not put together in one place.

I got a Coach shoulder bag as a gift when we completed out fellowship. It is bulky and not property balanced and I have used it < 3 times in the past 2 decades. Really expensive gift that was a waste.

Comment

My first attending year, when I operated at multiple hospitals, mostly to carry CDs and player/speakers for the OR (which dates me quite a bit). Since moving to a single location situation 20 years ago, no briefcase or other. Also ditched the lab coat after a few years and then the tie altogether.

For longer family vacations I take a nice day pack/knapsack in addition to my carry on suitcase for travel documents, iPad, books, snacks, toiletries, charger adapters, etc.

Comment

I use a nice laptop backpack. I usually don't ever take my laptop but use it to carry a headlamp (much better when I'm suturing than using the overhead light), stethoscope, pens, etc. I'm just not a briefcase guy. I also use the backpack when I'm traveling.

Comment

Backpack or cross body purse. I often scooter (and will soon get an ebike so I can bike to work). Need something hands free.

Comment

Timbuktu bag.

Comment

I don't have one, but heard these are nice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birkin_bag

Comment

Timbuktu bag.

Love these when I travel on Airplane, long car rides, etc. to hold my computer, to do lists, etc.

When trying to look more professional, I use this bag I bought 18 months ago, looks just as new today as when I bought it.

https://www.amazon.com/Handbag-Designer-Shoulder-Structured-Satchel/dp/B073VGZT72/ref=sr_1_66?keywords=red+large+purses+and+handbags +under+%2450&qid=1565539632&s=gateway&sr=8-66

I don’t have one, but heard these are nice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birkin_bag

Since I spent $36.99 on my bag above (and get TONS of compliments on it!), can't even image spending $12k-300K on a bag!

Comment

2 bag system:

• nice leather messenger bag my in laws bought for me most days

• small backpack for when I bike to work

I used to carry more with me, medical stuff, multi-tool, etc. It's gotten to be less and less nowadays sometimes I just bring my ID.

Comment

I try to collect Neiman Marcus boxes and bags.
                      A few homemade logos with superglue really makes the Dollar Store and K-Mart bluelight specials look classy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=luxury+handbags&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

If you buy the logos, geez those get expensive.

Comment

Tumi backpack, wherever I go, travel, to work, out to eat. Have gotten past the age where I "need" a handbag for every occasion and a nice backpack is perfect for male or female (impo). Wouldn't dream of taking something that requires a hand.
                        Financial planning, investment management and CPA services for physicians, dentists, and medical professionals | 270-247-6087

Comment

The most important feature of a work bag for me is a space for my water bottles. I am also particular about the type of water bottle I use and have a hard time finding a bag that fits them. My current bag is at least 14 years old and size wise is perfect but I am ready for a replacement if only I could find one that works.

Comment

The most important feature of a work bag for me is a space for my water bottles. I am also particular about the type of water bottle I use and have a hard time finding a bag that fits them. My current bag is at least 14 years old and size wise is perfect but I am ready for a replacement if only I could find one that works.

Forget about the briefcases.  I think we need to hear about these super special water bottles.  What kind and why do you like them so much?

Comment

Saddleback.

Comment

Working...
                              X