Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder how much student loan debt this guy has?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anne
    replied

I probably missed something, but how can he be applying for a license?  Don’t you need to complete 1-2 years of residency?

Missouri started some program that allows this a few years ago.  As far as I've heard they are the only state that has something like this.  Don't know how it's gone so far.

https://www.kshb.com/news/health/missouri-law-allows-doctors-to-practice-without-residency

Leave a comment:

• childay
    replied

I probably missed something, but how can he be applying for a license?  Don’t you need to complete 1-2 years of residency?

I believe most (all?) states it requires at least 1 year of residency / internship.

Leave a comment:

• G
    replied
    I probably missed something, but how can he be applying for a license?  Don't you need to complete 1-2 years of residency?

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Surgeon, Family Medicine, Psychiatry.
    At least he doesn’t have the anxiety of choosing what type of residency suits his personality and interests.
    ANYTHING!

St. James School of Medicine seems to have an agreement for med students to do rotations in Chicago. The picture was probably taken during med school.

At least Missouri denied his license. Saved WashU and SLU the hassle. I can’t think of an employer that would possibly trust any work product. Hope Illinois does the same regarding licensing.

Leave a comment:

• adventure
    replied
    Yikes.

Leave a comment:

• Lithium
    replied

I can (I guess) imaging him blending in with other residents for a while. But how can he date/marry someone without being exposed? Like how does he explain not getting paychecks? Did he pretend to go to work every day while married?
    Click to expand…

Listen to Dirty John podcast.

People will believe anything if it prevents them from being lonely.

Again this guy is almost certainly a sociopath. He’s probably a master manipulator.

I also thought about Dirty John.  This B Horror movie also came to mind.

Color me cynical, but I doubt this guy wants to be a doctor this badly for purely altruistic reasons.

Leave a comment:

• mkintx
    replied

Also kind of a minor point that is kind of inside Chicago medicine baseball but there are some odd things about that photo. Suffice to say it was very likely not authorized by Cook County Hospital.

And yet they let him do his 3rd and 4th year rotations there (at least according to the article).  That is crazy.

Leave a comment:

• wonka31
    replied

I read this story earlier and almost posted it. I like it that he said he learned from his mistakes but years later was pretending to be a cardiologist and lied to his wife about it. Dude is pathological and I swear if he gets into a psych residency . . . This is so beyond messed up.

This x100. The initial part of the story was concerning enough. Then add the shoplifting thing, then the fake medical examiner letter, then the part about being a cardiologist. It's hard to determine how well rehabilitation went with all of these behaviors.

Leave a comment:

• snowcanyon
    replied
    1. I can't believe someone married him

2. He should have tried podiatry like gramps

3. Already been denied a license in Missouri

4. Applied to SURGERY residency. OK.

Leave a comment:

• Lordosis
    replied
    Bad press for St. Whatever Caribbean school. The article said they had a 60% acceptance rate into residency. That seems unacceptably high. What happens to the 40% with crazy loans and no job.

Leave a comment:

• childay
    replied
    It's an almost unbelievable story.  Bizarre that the reporter could find no one to comment... Who wouldn't remember some random person pretending to be a doctor?  Even for a few days? The  A lab coat with his picture on it?!?

Leave a comment:

• Brains428
    replied
    Does saying one has a problem exclude them from having a personality disorder? He still sounds narcissistic.

Leave a comment:

• CordMcNally
    replied
    Simply ridiculous. I wonder if the government can withhold funding even if a residency program accepts him?

Leave a comment:

• SerrateAndDominate
    replied
    That’s disrespectful to Michael Scott.

Leave a comment:

• Megalops
    replied
    I was just checking out the author's twitter and she likened him to Michael Scott from The Office, said he sent unsolicited email photos of him in his white coat and used the phrase more than once when texting "doctor's orders!" It would be a travesty if he's ever allowed to touch a patient or be involved in any form of medical decision making.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X